hf1

Argh! i knew it was too good to be true!

My avatar
mummy_goose1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Argh! i knew it was too good to be true!

Postby mummy_goose1 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:18 pm

Hay has been in her bed for a little while... Without really getting out or being any different to how she was in her cot....

Tonight she has yo-yo-ed in and out god knows how many times in the last hour and about the same earlier on..... ARGH!!
She isn't crying, just chatting to herself, then getting up and coming to the door...
I am just telling her its sleepy time and walking her back to her bed. She is lying back down happily enough, and letting me put the covers over her, then within minutes she's up again...!
Please tell me this stops......
So far i have put her back in bed 6times just whilst writing this!!!

My avatar
bekhi1983
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Argh! i knew it was too good to be true!

Postby bekhi1983 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:38 am

With Aidan consistency helped, I did just what your doing. I can't remember how long he was doing it for though. I'm dreading going through it again with Callum, he can stay in his cot for a while longer :giggle:

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:13 am

The only thing that has worked for us is the threat of the naughty shelf, I normally do a walk back to bed, warning the second time, and confiscation of a toy the third.

Its enough to drive you mad!

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby evansmummy » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:20 am

Just be consistent. Keep returning her to bed like you are. Not sure if it's just my children but even the older two can get up in the night. Evan defiantly has times of relapse. Only last week he was getting up through the night 8+ returns . This week he's fine again.

My avatar
chocmuffin
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby chocmuffin » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:26 am

Hope she didnt keep it up for long and you all managed to get some sleep :hug:

My avatar
pinksalmon2001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby pinksalmon2001 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:26 am

Tyler has been in his bed since November and he has only just started getting out of it at bedtime - I had to go upstairs and return him to bed about 12 times the other evening. Just stick with it - she will get the message eventually!

evansmummy wrote:Just be consistent. Keep returning her to bed like you are. Not sure if it's just my children but even the older two can get up in the night. Evan defiantly has times of relapse. Only last week he was getting up through the night 8+ returns . This week he's fine again.

Definitely not just your children - Tyler slept through the night from 4 months but he still goes through stages even now of waking up for various reasons!

My avatar
mummy_goose1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby mummy_goose1 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:48 am

Thanks ladies!
It's always great to hear that i'm not alone!!
She was up and down on and off till abou half 1, but then settled. Think i need to go to bed earlier tonight!! Xx

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:04 am

Austin started that in the last couple of weeks of my pregnancy! 39+ weeks and i spent a good hour- 2 hours walking up and down the stairs every night! For him it was the attention that kept him coming back so first time we repeated tuck in/ good night/ cuddle/ kiss, second time he got tucked in/ goodnight, third time and any after that he just got tucked in, he didn't seem to mind. Never left upset or anything, and it still took until about a week after Holly was here to stop. FC you can get it sorted quickly.

Return to Baby and Toddler