hf1

Poop

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Poop

Postby Rox » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:53 pm

Its really bad that i keep checking the replies to see if he went - he's not even my baby :giggle:

Poor thing, c'mon william, you can do it hehe x

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:57 pm

Sam, no he isn't on meds for his reflux, he was prescribed Gaviscon but he became a changed baby on it and screamed solid for 2 days so we stopped it

bless you @Rox, he hasn't been yet, he has had poop round him bum hole so I know it is up there :giggle:

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:02 pm

:( I don't blame you that must have been so hard for you to see him like that! I hope he goes soon, it's not nice seeing them in pain from being bunged up.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:18 pm

Hope William poops soon.Starting weaning can cause constipation as babies guts aren't used to the fibre there is in vegaetables. Extra water to drink often helps but sometimes u need laxatives too.We're having a nightmare with N holding in his poo atm so u have my sympathy. :hug:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:28 pm

lazylexis wrote:Hope William poops soon.Starting weaning can cause constipation as babies guts aren't used to the fibre there is in vegaetables. Extra water to drink often helps but sometimes u need laxatives too.We're having a nightmare with N holding in his poo atm so u have my sympathy. :hug:

Might try him with a few sips of water, he is still nursing heaps though so perhaps he doesn't need water?? He hasn't had any puree today or yesterday.

Waking wise I am assuming is due to the 4 month growth spurt, he has also learnt to roll over and sit up as well this week so doing a lot of developmental growing as well x

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby evansmummy » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:32 pm

The boys could go two weeks without pooing and they would get uncomphy by the end.

As others have said the food may of not helped, even if you've stopped now he may be bunged up from it?

Hopefully he's more comphy soon.
Last edited by evansmummy on Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:35 pm

I feel bad now for giving him some food but it really did help his reflux and it was only tiny amounts :(

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:46 pm

Kirstyh wrote:I feel bad now for giving him some food but it really did help his reflux and it was only tiny amounts :(

Don't feel bad hun. I had to start weaning N at 16 weeks due to his reflux. He just wasn't taking the milk (well he was but an ounce every feed so about 5oz a day) he had gotten a bad association with his milk and the pain so refused it :-( the HV said to start as he needed something in his system. It helped his reflux too :hug:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:43 pm

twinkletot wrote:
Kirstyh wrote:I feel bad now for giving him some food but it really did help his reflux and it was only tiny amounts :(

Don't feel bad hun. I had to start weaning N at 16 weeks due to his reflux. He just wasn't taking the milk (well he was but an ounce every feed so about 5oz a day) he had gotten a bad association with his milk and the pain so refused it :-( the HV said to start as he needed something in his system. It helped his reflux too :hug:

WSS, you're doing what you can to help his reflux :hug: TBH he possibly would have got constipated whenever you introduced solids. M has just started eating and she was constipated for a few days. :hug:

PreviousNext

Return to Baby and Toddler