hf1

How do i teach her sleep is good

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

How do i teach her sleep is good

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:19 am

Nights are fine once I can get Holly down but she will not sleep in the day if she can help it, she has to be bounced. in the chair or in the sling and either means i cant clean or play with a properly. It took me an hour and a half last night to get her to settle and I went to bed half hour later! I'm tearing my hair out! my house is a sh** tip and I have had to put her in the cot and walk away right now because my head is going to explode from listening to her cry just because she won't sleep :argh: someone has to know something I can try please! Best go stop the crying. Anything please folks before I throw everything away just so i dont have to see the mess anymore :roll:

My avatar
emmavmorgan
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: How do i teach her sleep is good

Postby emmavmorgan » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:51 am

My ds2 was a nightmare sleeper and would never nap for mOre than 20 mins at a time (if I could manage to get him to sleep :roll: ) I used to find putting him in the pram and going for a long walk the only garanteed way to make him sleep. he would sit for ages happily in his bouncer and watch the world go by or in the pushchair so at least I could get something done :hug: it is really exhausting so you have my sympathies :hug:

My avatar
pinksalmon2001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby pinksalmon2001 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:15 am

Watching this thread as Aaliyah is exactly the same :( She is sleeping fantastically at night with generally only one wake up but I am pulling my hair out with her during the day - she catnaps for 10-15 minutes at a time during the day no matter where she is or how I get her to sleep. I have tried feeding her to sleep, rocking, settling her down in her cot/chair, slinging her, letting her fall asleep by herself with and without a dummy and nothing has any effect! My house is a bombsite too and I feel like I am really neglecting Tyler :cry:

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:12 pm

I have the opposite problem, Aubrey happily sleeps for 2 hours at a time, day or night, but no more than that. I have been using a sling a lot then once he's asleep putting him down, though he has gone off on his own a few times already. I want him to be awake more in the day then sleep longer at night, amy suggestions?!

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:34 pm

Have you tried swaddling her? Will she take a dummy? I had a nightmare with Jonah trying to get him to settle and then one day I just had to leave him before I screamed and he self soothed! From that day on I just left him with no fuss, but not when crying of course.

@Miss_Purple Aubrey may change in the next week. Emmet was feeding, sleeping & pooing for 2 weeks but as of week 3, he started to have longer periods of being awake and is sometimes awake for 1 - 1.5hrs. Being awake more in the day does not always result in sleeping longer at night.

Lisa, the messy house drives me mad some days but taking care of you, A & H is more imprtant :hug:

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:36 pm

Flora is like this she is now 10mths my house is a tip and it's so exhausting. So sorry no advise but lots is sympathy.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:49 pm

My house is a tip as well!!
William in the early weeks slept great at night, he would go 6 hours before wakening but now it is 3 before he wants feeding, days are hit and miss sometimes he will have a 2 hour nap or sometimes not like today x

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:19 pm

Sometimes you just have to learn to let the housework slide :( D is still like this at a year old, and while there has been the odd day where she has had a decent nap (like yesterday :dancing: ) generally its 20 minutes here or there. Nothing I did made one bit of difference unfortunately, and I have tried everything this past year (apart from CC or CIO). Some babies are just like this it seems - D still needs lots of attention, I just have to work around her and then do the mopping etc., when dh gets home or she is in bed.

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:24 pm

Actually just a thought but do you have a swing? It was a godsend for a friend of mine whose little girl wouldn't settle unless she was being nursed. Didn't do anything for D, but its always worth a try.

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler