hf1

How do i teach her sleep is good

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: How do i teach her sleep is good

Postby evansmummy » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:40 pm

eviesmummy wrote:Actually just a thought but do you have a swing? It was a godsend for a friend of mine whose little girl wouldn't settle unless she was being nursed. Didn't do anything for D, but its always worth a try.

This. Noah had been demanding form day one. Would only really sleep in the sling so I just wore him all the time. Some babies just struggle to sleep. He will be 14 months on the 25th and he still wakes two hourly in the night and day sleep is hit and miss :/

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:39 pm

eviesmummy wrote:Actually just a thought but do you have a swing? It was a godsend for a friend of mine whose little girl wouldn't settle unless she was being nursed. Didn't do anything for D, but its always worth a try.

Do you mean a sling or swing?? :giggle:

Actually I have a swing if you wanted to try one x

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:10 pm

well I gave in and have put her in the bouncy chair, we are both exhausted and I can barely get out of my chair :oops: luckily A has gone to play with grandad, but he will have to have pizza for tea that I have just ordered :oops: (not that he will mind one bit :lol: ) she did manage 20 mins in the cot earlier so I managed to fold and put away some washing. Not that I can put OH or my stuff away properly as our bedroom is upside down with new furniture that can't be completed because I can't get 5 minutes to do it and OH hasn't had time to finish it for me :roll: (he has promised to do it tomorrow but he is alo helping some work friends move house so I can see it not getting done). I am so tired I am about ready to cry today :oops:

My avatar
pinksalmon2001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby pinksalmon2001 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:26 pm

0_Lisa_0 wrote:well I gave in and have put her in the bouncy chair, we are both exhausted and I can barely get out of my chair :oops: luckily A has gone to play with grandad, but he will have to have pizza for tea that I have just ordered :oops: (not that he will mind one bit :lol: ) she did manage 20 mins in the cot earlier so I managed to fold and put away some washing. Not that I can put OH or my stuff away properly as our bedroom is upside down with new furniture that can't be completed because I can't get 5 minutes to do it and OH hasn't had time to finish it for me :roll: (he has promised to do it tomorrow but he is alo helping some work friends move house so I can see it not getting done). I am so tired I am about ready to cry today :oops:

:hug: :hug:

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:33 pm

:hug: It's so tiring, especially when bf too. You're not on your own, I probably have a little cry at some point most days! Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for you.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:43 pm

:hug: :hug:

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:32 pm

Just a thought as its been two years since I had a newborn and I ve forgotten but I loosely stuck to the ' baby is likely to only be able to manage 2 hours awake' rule. This including feeding time so that would take up maybe nearly the first hour with a nappy change in the middle and getting the wind up and holding upright for a bit due to reflux. LO would then go in Moses basket or on play mat and then it wouldn t be too long before they would be ready for sleep. If longer than this she might be over tired.
Or it could be the lying down aspect. Can you prop the end of her crib/ cot up with catalogues or anything? Mine did hate to lie down on their tummy or backs but again mine had reflux and terrible wind.

Not sure I m helping :/ Didn t know much about slings then but wish I had I would have given that a go too.

I hope you re able to get her to settle soon.

Ps I know it's easy to say but the housework will have to wait. In the olden days other people would have moved in to help the lady that had given birth to allow her to just feed her child. Or they would have stayed in hospital for the first two weeks or more. Us modern women Think we can come home and do everything! Lol!

Xxxxx

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:37 pm

I would say over tired as well, we used the Baby whisperer "routine" with Martha but she was another one that wouldnt nap for more than 20 minutes sometimes

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:57 pm

Her cot is proped up, one of the first things we did, she has been over tired all day as she just wouldn't go down, yet come bed time and she knows, I don't know how but for now all is quiet! I'm too knackered to get on with anything though, so have put Austin's toys away and I going to do some knitting, if I don't get some me time I may actually explode :oops:

PreviousNext

Return to Baby and Toddler