My avatar
Star02
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Sleeping with noise.

Postby Star02 » Wed May 02, 2012 1:00 pm

:wave:

Is this normal? :giggle:

Oscar only sleeps in the day if there is a lot of noise :shock: I've just had to put the washing machine on spin again so I could finish my lunch. He's currently sat in his car seat, ontop of the dog cage which is next to the machine. When it stops he's wide awake! Im hoovering twice a day just to get him to nap otherwise he just wants to feed constantly and my poor nipples can't take it!!

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Sleeping with noise.

Postby BingBongBoo » Wed May 02, 2012 1:06 pm

Lots of babies like white noise - especially newborns! It was nice and noisy while he was inside you so that's the way he still wants to sleep. :-) You can get white noise CDs to help him sleep if you're sick of hoovering! Or I think there are even so smart phone apps that do it. DD2 has this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Leapfrog-Scout- ... B0038APCXO It plays 'environmental sounds' (crickets chirping, wind blowing etc). It stays on for 20 minutes so by the time it turns itself off she's in a pretty deep sleep and doesn't wake up.

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Wed May 02, 2012 1:35 pm

Scarlett has slept with noise until recently.

As a newborn she would cry and cry if it was quiet, thankfully just leaving the news on the telly worked, not sure i would want the expense of the washer/hoover all the time LOL and when she was a few months we switched to MP3 Blade Runner soundtrack (we had played it to her when she was in the womb, its quite different, kind of electronic, synthesized soothing music) - she had that on all night, every night (on very low, can only hear it if you try iykwim) until 3 & 1/2. We found as a baby she slept better and self settled quickly if she woke in the night, i think the music must have been reassuring... and as a toddler/child we found she slept longer in the mornings with it on, not sure why but there we go..

Then we decided to have another go at turning it off again when we recently changed her bedroom around & got her big bed and she has been fine this time so it has gone.

Dunno if she is odd or what, but for a long time Jamie and i used to listen to the same Blade Runner soundtrack when falling asleep but then something changed and i preferred it quiet.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Wed May 02, 2012 2:03 pm

hehe, yep! Weirdo babies!

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Wed May 02, 2012 2:10 pm

Yup, normal! My H/V told me to put Emmet in the kitchen in front of the washing machine when he's unsettled!

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Wed May 02, 2012 5:40 pm

Yup perfectly normal, doesn t last forever so make the most of the lovely hoovered house lol!

My avatar
cath
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby cath » Wed May 02, 2012 6:39 pm

We have a machine similar to this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/HoMedics-SS-200 ... 451&sr=8-7
Charlotte still uses it now at 2 & if I forget to put it on, she asks for her 'noise' Not only does it soothe her but it also masks other noises in the house like the dogs barking.

My avatar
Star02
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Star02 » Wed May 02, 2012 7:21 pm

I've just bought some white noise music from iTunes. Hopefully he'll like it! It's the level of noise that surprises me, he likes the machine on full spin!!

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby LynniferT » Wed May 02, 2012 7:41 pm

Oooh that's fab that you can get white noise on itunes...DS3 and DD used to fall asleep whilst I hoovered :giggle:

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler