hf1

Sleeping with noise.

My avatar
Star02
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Sleeping with noise.

Postby Star02 » Wed May 02, 2012 7:43 pm

LynniferT wrote:Oooh that's fab that you can get white noise on itunes...DS3 and DD used to fall asleep whilst I hoovered :giggle:

Yep loads too, although no hoovering noise :lol: Wel it's on and he's still asleep!!

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Wed May 02, 2012 9:49 pm

Phebie was similar she would sleep in the lounge room during the day with all the noise and fuss and then at night she would be so unsettled we had to put music on so she would sleep

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Wed May 02, 2012 9:50 pm

I used to have a CD of the noise of a hairdryer which we played to DD when she was little.

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby sophie2198 » Thu May 03, 2012 12:05 am

Yep Jas used to fall asleep in her bouncy chair whilst I hoovered and H used to Sit infront of the washing machine or tumble dryer if he was unsettled!

My avatar
paw foot
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby paw foot » Thu May 03, 2012 10:09 am

Luke loves the white noise app on my I phone. He really likes the aeroplane one, you wake up in the middle of the night thinking you are on a Boeing going somewhere sunny and relaxing. Then I realise it's 2am and I need to :bf: :hohoho:

My avatar
Mummyof2
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Mummyof2 » Thu May 03, 2012 10:14 am

I remember with DS1 we slept with the radio on very low every night for weeks he just didn't like the quiet and I found the radio was easier for us to sleep through than white noise. We used to tune it something easy listening that doesn't play hardcore dance or thrash metal in the middle of the night!

My avatar
sophie90
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby sophie90 » Sat May 05, 2012 1:09 pm

My mum used to leave the hoover next to my cot to get me to sleep when I was little! :hohoho:
Zach had a soothing lullabies and lights player which he loved and Leo would only sleep of he could hear Dh breathing/snoring (Dh is a very very nosiy sleeper) It got difficult for me as I struggle to sleep with noise, but the kids loved it!
There is a special teddy you can get that has a glow light and plays white noise, it's called Ewan the dream sheep I think, and then there is the prince Lionheart bear and blankie that you can record your own white noise onto, we are thinking of getting one for when Freyja is born as according to my MIL babies who have been in SCBU struggle to sleep in the quiet when they get home, and she has advised that we record the noise of the SCBU if Freyja does have to stay in there. That way she will fall asleep to familiar noise!
xx

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler