Ssshh.

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Ssshh.

Postby Miss_Purple » Thu May 10, 2012 9:19 pm

baby is asleep :-)

I left DS awake but fed in his moses basket and went downstairs to have tea (after an hour of cuddling him to try and get him to sleep with no joy.) When I came back up a few minutes later he was sound asleep :wine:

We had months of feeding to sleep, lowering into the cot inch by inch, rocking, shush-patting etc with DD, I can't believe DS has just quietly fallen asleep on his own at 5 weeks old. I feel a bit redundant!

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Ssshh.

Postby monsterm » Thu May 10, 2012 9:22 pm

enjoy it!

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Thu May 10, 2012 9:23 pm

Wow well done little one! Can you make sure he tells mine how to do it? Jen was the same as your DD, boy that sleep malarky can be tough!

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby sophie2198 » Thu May 10, 2012 9:23 pm

Fabulous!!!! :wine: im sure he's just teasing :giggle: but enjoy it while it lasts :-D

My avatar
sophie90
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby sophie90 » Thu May 10, 2012 9:40 pm

:wine: Hooray for sleeping!!
Please pass on the secret when this bubs comes!!! We also had the lowering in to the cot and the patting and rocking with both boys, so a nice easy sleeper would be fab thanks!!
xx

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Thu May 10, 2012 9:44 pm

That's fabulous news, clever Aubrey. I'm looking forward to being able to put Isaac down with almost certain knowledge he will settle.

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Thu May 10, 2012 10:21 pm

That's great! :wine:

We started a proper bedtime routine with Otis at 6 weeks - up to bed at 7pm, put him down awake after his feed - and he settled into it really well, so hopefully it isn't a fluke!

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Fri May 11, 2012 10:48 am

Ooooh, hope it continues! Emmet sometimes self settles to sleep but not all the time. I fell asleep when I put him in his moses basket so i could go to the loo! We soon figures with jonah that he hated being fusssed to sleep and when I left him room saying rude words :oops: , he fell asleep on his own!

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Sat May 12, 2012 4:09 am

Same again tonight :wine: I fed him, burped him, cuddled him for a bit but he didn't settle, so I put him down and went to hang up the washing. 20 mins later I came upstairs and he was asleep, didn't even cry :-)

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler