hf1

Daytime sleep: update 1st post

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Daytime sleep: update 1st post

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Fri May 11, 2012 8:32 am

How do I get Holly to sleep in the day? Honestly I'm loosing my mind, Holly wont sleep for more than 30 mins a couple of times a day so she spends all day screaming so I spend most of the day with her in my arms, so Austin is getting frustrated from lack of attention and then if she does finally fall asleep (usually in the bouncy chair from sheer exhaustion) he wakes her up. After bringing ib the dummy we had a couple of great days where i managed to get her to fall asleep in cot with no fuss with the dummy in. I can't get her up there in the morning if she is fussy as she will wake OH but this morning I have had two grumpy kids since 6.30 and i randomly woke at 6 so I'm about ready to lock myself in the cupboard under the stairs. Help me please!?

Update: She's still asleep :shock: she wanted to go back to sleep and I managed to get Austin to stay quite first thing and after a bit of wriggling and complaining she went off (on her front, wouldnt even entertain being on her back :-? ) she woke breifly wanting her dummy and when I just checked on her is still sock on with her thumb in her mouth now :giggle:
Last edited by 0_Lisa_0 on Sat May 12, 2012 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
shyler76
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: Daytime sleep

Postby shyler76 » Fri May 11, 2012 8:36 am

Oh no, poor you! Don't really have any advice since second one isn't here yet but didn't want to read and run. :hug: Hope someone with advice comes along

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby sophie2198 » Fri May 11, 2012 8:42 am

Do you have a pushcair/buggy? If so pop her in there either swaddled or nicely wrapped up and rock for a few minutes she should soon drift off - if you have a garden you could do this whilst Austin plays therefore he's not being left out.
H had all his sleeps in his bouncy chair or pushchair from birth until he was 3 (obv not in the bouncy chair at this age! :lol:)
my rule is bed is for night time but that's just me! Although H would have 2 x 2 hour sleeps in his puahchair so he must of agreed with me :wink:

My avatar
CherryPie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby CherryPie » Fri May 11, 2012 8:43 am

I'm in the same boat at the mo, B won't sleep for more than 30 mins at night either - if i wasnt Co-sleeping i wouldnt get any sleep, It's driving me to despair! Will be watching this thread :hug:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Fri May 11, 2012 8:46 am

Oh not sure what to suggest as William has his naps in his bed, curtains open during the day, I usually have to wake him after his afternoon nap. I do have to feed him to sleep every time, will Holly not even do that? Xx

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Fri May 11, 2012 8:50 am

A sling works wonders for getting Aubrey to sleep, then once he has settled I transfer him to his bouncy chair or moses basket if we are at home, or he stays in the sling when we are out x

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Fri May 11, 2012 8:57 am

:( :hug: :hug: She sounds exactly like M was before I completely cut out dairy and soya. M would only sleep upright on me or in the sling. Does she have any other reflux symptoms? How is her sleeping at night? Maybe she's not sleeping due to discomfort and some meds might help? :hug:

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Fri May 11, 2012 9:00 am

Sophie she hates the pushchair!
Kirsty she will fall asleep feeding but as soon as i move her she wakes, its ever so frustrating, night is ok just in the day she is a nightmare.
Danika, I dont mind the sling when we're out but when we're in I want some time with A so the sling isnt pratical when he wants me to be playing chase and i really need some space atm!
Louise, night times are fine, she'll go 3-6 hours and the sick is less now she isnt constantly comfort feeding and i wouldnt really know a reflux symptom if it bit me on the rear end :lol:

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Fri May 11, 2012 9:05 am

They do get better as they get older, Martha wouldn't sleep for more than 30 minutes. I don't think there's anything wrong with a bouncy chair for sleep at all, can you put her in a different room to Austin or keep him in the kitchen with you? I can't remember how old she is but I think we had Martha on a 4 hour routine, we followed the baby whisperer so food on waking, activity/ play for a while then swaddled for sleep. SOmetimes they won't sleep cos they're overtired :hug: I know every baby is different tho

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler