hf1

Daytime sleep: update 1st post

My avatar
Star02
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Daytime sleep

Postby Star02 » Fri May 11, 2012 9:09 am

I've had to resort to white noise, I've bought some peacful babbling brook noises from iTunes along with bird squeaks. However Oscar sounds very similar in that he'll only sleep on someone, if I try to move him from me he wakes and I get about 30 minutes in the buggy. He's often sick after a feed and is always very restless. He goes 2.5-3 hours at night but after some gaviscon yesterday he did 5 hours. This morning he is fast asleep in his car seat after the school run and normally he's awake as soon as we get home.

I don't know much about reflux but the gaviscon seems to be helping O.

:hug:

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby justme123 » Fri May 11, 2012 9:38 am

I've always struggled with daytime sleep for Isabel, she sounds very similar. I've often resorted to going out with her in the sling, to stop be going crazy apart from anything else.

I'm not sure how old your LO is, but Isabel reached a point when she was too stimulated to sleep downstairs and would only sleep when I fed her upstairs in a dark bedroom. Even then it takes a while to get her down, which I know is very hard when you have other kids at home.

Every time I think I've figured this out it changes though :-/ :hug: :hug:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Fri May 11, 2012 9:49 am

William has silent reflux so wasn't a vomiter really, does she ever bring up sort of clear fluid? Have you tried letting her sleep on her tummy? William fed for comfort to ease his reflux and is so much more comfy on his tummy sleeping always has been. He was given gavisgon which I reluctantly gave him for 2 days during which he screamed, poor wee soul and I was very aware of the constipation risk of it so I stopped it, reflux got a bit worse recently so he is now on ranitidine which is working sofar xx

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Fri May 11, 2012 10:03 am

Oliver wouldnt sleep during the day until I put him on his tummy. then he slept for 2 hours :shock:

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Fri May 11, 2012 10:11 am

She was a tummy sleeper in the beginning but now she just wont sleep, I'm ashamed to say I have had to put her down and leave her to cry :( :oops: sounds like exhaustion has taken her for now though :cry: I feel like poo for doing it :( I just can feel muself getting so cross with it all and feeling like I'm going to explode! How can someone to small make so much noise for so long!

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Fri May 11, 2012 10:19 am

How long after waking in the morning do you try her for a nap? Emmet can manage being awake for up to 1.5 / 2hrs before a nap, any longer than that and we spend the day trying to get him to sleep and thne he just has the odd 20 mins here & there.............like yesterday :roll:

She might be over-tired which means she can't sleep well enough to get into the deeper sleep that comes after that 1st 30mins @northernruth - we loosely followed the baby whisperer techniques in terms of naps / sleep with both boys.

It's no fun at all spending your days like that :hug:

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Fri May 11, 2012 10:22 am

She wanted to go straight back to sleep. but A kept her awake (not deliberately for a change) as she had woken.him so she has been up since 6.30

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Fri May 11, 2012 10:27 am

Once they are in that cycle it's hard to get them to have a good nap that day. Tomorrow, see if you can manage to get her down somewhere (anywhere!) no more than 2hrs after waking in the morning and see how that goes.

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby BingBongBoo » Fri May 11, 2012 9:51 pm

As others have said try not to let her get overtired. Both my two have fought sleep when they desperately needed it. Other than that, it honestly does get better. M wouldn't nap in the day (apart from on me) for ages and ages. TBH, I thought she never would. But here we are and she's asleep in her cot as I type this, having gone straight to sleep when I put her down. :hug: :hug: It will get better.

PreviousNext

Return to Baby and Toddler