hf1

Gah!

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Gah!

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Sun May 13, 2012 9:35 am

Sorry it's me again :oops: I'm just starting to feel lost with Holly. The dummies are now pretty much redundant as she is sucking her thumb (not a problem, just a waste of about £20 finding one she liked) but since putting her on her tummy she is sleeping :wine: but now I'm worried she is sleeping too much. Yesterday she woke 6.30am fed and went back to sleep until I went ro wake her at 12.10 because I thought i best wake her for a feed. She was awake for an hour at best and then back to bed until 4.30 again no more than an hour later she was back down then woke at 6.15 till 7.30, down for the night and didnt wake until 5 this morning so fed her changed her back in bed by 6.30 up at 10 and back down again now. She seems unhappy when she is awake :( when she was awake just now she has been quite sick, horrid thick yuck. I have stopped the dairy (i know it will take a while to make a difference) but I'm worried now that she is ill and i'm not seeing it :doh: (a banging my head off a brick wall smilie seems more appropriate). I think i'm going to see the GP tomorrow just because I'm at a loss :oops: she looks so tired when she wakes. Am i over reacting? Should she sleep this much? Is she just catching up because she hasn't been able to sleep properly up until now? Argh i feel so stupid :cry:

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Gah!

Postby Hannahboo » Sun May 13, 2012 9:44 am

Oh hun, I don't really have any advice as Darcy didn't really sleep much as a newborn, but definitely get her checked out even if just for piece of mind.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
teganplus2
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby teganplus2 » Sun May 13, 2012 9:53 am

I'm a huge believer in "mummy knows best" hun so I'd take her to dr's, if only to set your mind at ease, and keep taking her until you feel happy about what they say! I'm sure she's fine but until you "know" that then you won't rest

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sun May 13, 2012 10:45 am

I would say the sleeping is normal, I used to have to wake william for feeds as well and he still has a couple of hours after his 6am or so feed and then 3-4 hours in the afternoon

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Sun May 13, 2012 10:50 am

Aubrey sleeps pretty much all day and night still so it sounds normal to me, but it could be a growth spurt or illness. If you are worried maybe ring NHS direct for advice?

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby BingBongBoo » Sun May 13, 2012 11:17 am

It can be perfectly normal for them to sleep a LOT - esp. if they're going through a growth spurt. But as others have said, if you're at all worried, take her to the Dr to put your mind at ease. However,if she doesn't have a temperature, is weeing and pooing OK and isn't being sick frequently, the chances are she's fine.

My avatar
Star02
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Star02 » Sun May 13, 2012 5:33 pm

:hug: :hug:

Oscar won't take a dummy, I'm sure it would help him especially with his awful tummy aches. Im beginning to feel like I've never done this before, I don't remember Sam being this sicky! He has only yesterday and today started to sleep a lot, which I'm sure they should be? But I would certainly take Holly to the docs even if it's just to put your mind at ease xx :hug:

Return to Baby and Toddler