hf1

Rocking to sleep - updated

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Rocking to sleep

Postby Soupdragon » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:27 pm

Just thought I'd do a quick update as things have improved enormously over the past two or three weeks. Mainly because Iris has learned how to suck her thumb. :lol: She's never cared for a dummy, so hasn't been able to comfort suck before. But she's now completely mastered thumb-sucking and is quite happy to be put in her bed while sleepy but awake and go to sleep on her own. It's wonderful! We've got a bit of a routine going on meaning I'm starting to get back into the swing of things like housework. I've also given up on morning showers and now wait until DH is home - it's nice to be able to linger in there, TBH - bit of time to myself. So all in all, it's going much better. Still no signs of dropping night feeds, but I can live with that. It's nice to have a happy, smiley, content baby. :)

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Rocking to sleep - updated

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:33 am

Hurray!! Brilliant :)

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:42 pm

That is fabulous news. Ben has also never cared for a dummy.

Glad you are getting back into the swing of things :D

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:51 am

That's great news :D ! It's amazing how much better it all seems having a baby who self-soothes. Connor never did and Finn was soooooo much 'easier' as he found his thumb. We're just coming out of a three week glitch where for some reason he forgot about it, but he seems to be remembering again.

Hope Iris continues to sleep well for you,

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler