hf1

Maxi cosi cabriofix carseat help!

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Maxi cosi cabriofix carseat help!

Postby lazylexis » Wed May 23, 2012 11:19 am

We have a maxi cosi cabiofix which we used with Nathan.We've put the newborn wedge/insert in which is supposed to make baby more flat.No matter what we do Jacob seems to have his chin on his chest which obviously isn't great.I don't remember it being a problem with Nathan.Anyone any tips/ideas.I can see a trip to mothercare or somewhere for advice!

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Maxi cosi cabriofix carseat help!

Postby karenandgeorgia » Wed May 23, 2012 11:55 am

Is there still an adjuster to change the shape of the actual seat backrest too? I seem to remember that with G's seat :-?

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Wed May 23, 2012 12:46 pm

Hmm now u mention it that rings a bell,must have a look!Apparently it's only older models that do and ours doesn't.

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Wed May 23, 2012 6:30 pm

lazylexis wrote:We have a maxi cosi cabiofix which we used with Nathan.We've put the newborn wedge/insert in which is supposed to make baby more flat.No matter what we do Jacob seems to have his chin on his chest which obviously isn't great.I don't remember it being a problem with Nathan.Anyone any tips/ideas.I can see a trip to mothercare or somewhere for advice!

Same problem here, it's driving me nuts. I hate putting him in it. There is a wedge shaped cushion which fits into the head hugger bit that you can remove seperately, I might take that out and see if it helps. Aubrey is 13lb and 61cm long now :shock:

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby weefywoo » Wed May 23, 2012 6:34 pm

Ours was doing that too so I took it out :hiding:

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Wed May 23, 2012 6:50 pm

Once mine got to that stage I took it out but replaced it with just a head hugger on its own (you can get them separately in asda & mother are for about £5) so that way they had more room but still got the support from the head hugger

Return to Baby and Toddler