Hippy chick mattress protector

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Hippy chick mattress protector

Postby ems101 » Wed May 30, 2012 11:24 pm

Are they worth the cost?

Im thinking of getting one for DD's toddler bed and one for the cot bed. The mattresses have washable covers, but not waterproof, so i think i should get these. DO i need more than one per bed, or do people only wash them occationally? Im not night training, but have a few leakages recently, and dont like the idea of even a little wee getting into the foam.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Hippy chick mattress protector

Postby lazylexis » Thu May 31, 2012 12:02 am

We have 2 per bed. We got one of these
http://www.snugnights.co.uk/productcart ... d-23p7.htm
http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/sto ... 809_10001_
and a B sensible one which is better!
Last edited by lazylexis on Thu May 31, 2012 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Thu May 31, 2012 12:05 am

We had a fitted one for Max's cot bed and imo it was worth the money. The cotton was so soft that I didn't use a sheet over the top. I obviously washed each time but still only had two.

We have a single bed one now and it's much better than the ones I have from JL and will be getting some more soon.

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Thu May 31, 2012 1:28 am

We had Wee Notions and Brolly Sheets. Brolly sheets were longer for an older child. All were fab.

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby justme123 » Thu May 31, 2012 2:30 am

We use the single bed fitted ones and they are FAB - I loooove them. We don't use a sheet over the top as they are so soft. I have 3 for two boys beds. They have been in continuous use for 3 years now and still in great condition. Totally worth the money :-)

I also have the pad ones that go under a sheet. They're good too - not crinkly at all - in fact I'm not sure there is a waterproof layer in them - no idea how they work but they do lol!

My avatar
Jellybelly6
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Jellybelly6 » Thu May 31, 2012 2:59 am

I have the hippy chick mattress protectors for DS1 single bed. I have a fitted one and the smaller partial one as my back up (potty training was extremely smooth here!). They have been in use for five years now and still going well. I leave them on as they have saved the mattress from vomit on many occasions (including two nights ago!) Well worth the investment in my opinion. :thumbsup:

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Thu May 31, 2012 4:07 am

Great! SOLD! Thank you ;)

Whats the best place to buy? They are £10 cheaper on amazon! Is this right?! Anywhere even cheaper?!

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby justme123 » Thu May 31, 2012 4:29 am

I got mine from kiddicare. Don't know if they're still cheapest.

My avatar
coastal
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby coastal » Thu May 31, 2012 10:02 pm

I have them for DS's bed. They're brilliant - as the others have said, so soft.
I really should buy another to keep at my Mum's, so if you find any good deals anywhere, I'd appreciate it if you posted to say. :D I think Amazon was the cheapest place last time I priced them.

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler