hf1

Babygro sizing

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Babygro sizing

Postby lazylexis » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:26 am

Well Jacob is 6 weeks old and long.That combined with a bulky cloth bum means we are struggling with babygros.Tesco 0-3 months won't do up at the crotch,mothercare centre opening ones will do up but with neck stretch,same with Asda. The mothercare ones that have the asymmetric poppers like a Jamie jumper are ok. Some are also getting short in the leg,others are ok. Our 3-6 m M&S ones are absolutely huge.
So any recommendations on larger fitting babygros or smaller fitting 3-6m ones?

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Babygro sizing

Postby KimmyM » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:30 am

JoJo mama Bebe are fab Really lovely and not too tight in the body IMO DD is in 12-18mth with cloth and soakers which is roughly the same size as the rest of her clothes. Or of course Frugi.

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:42 am

I used to put socks on ones that were too big to stop them flopping off her feet and just fold the arms back.

My avatar
Cyrillia
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Cyrillia » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:49 am

That's a great tip - I'd have never thought of doing that at all! :D

My avatar
pinksalmon2001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby pinksalmon2001 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:10 am

I have always found Sainsburys ones to be quite generous - A is still just about in 0-3 in those while she has grown out of all the other brands x

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:22 am

Sainsburys is fab for long babies :wink: I have a very long slim baby here and they are perfect for him. I do sometimes find they are actually too long in the leg, so I cut the feet off and hem them up so that he can wear them out and about with shoes on or socks in your case

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:39 am

H&M do 2-4 mths size which is good for that inbetween sizes stage, I also like the ones we got from TKMaxx. I've been using shortie sleepsuits with an extra blanket as well.

My avatar
internet_nobody
Clothie
Clothie

Postby internet_nobody » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:02 pm

I've found that Asda seem to be designed for short, rotund babies, Tesco for short babies. Mothercare and Sainsburys are giving the best fit for mine (apart from the odd nice expensive ones I've picked up second hand), who is long and thin.

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:06 pm

I have found Next one's to be the last one's A grows out of, she need's 6-9 now apart from in next, tesco's she grows out of the quickest.

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler