hf1

Rejected by my own Daughter

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Rejected by my own Daughter

Postby ems101 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:17 pm

clothsister wrote:Thanks all. Unfortunately due to money her main care giver is nursery as I'm now back at full time work so maybe she's punishing me for that. X

I bet you're right. But remember you are still her one and only mum and love her far more than they do. Keep reminding her how much you love her and that you miss her when shes at work. Allow her to feel angry at you, and show her that you can tollerate and understand that angryness. DD was very angy at me when i went back to work. She would ignore me when i went to collect her, cry all the way home and ask to go to the childminders on days she was with me. It just got gradually better.

Im sure you'll be out the other side in no time.

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:49 pm

Thanks ems will just come here and moan when she upsets me. X

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:16 pm

clothsister wrote:Thanks ems will just come here and moan when she upsets me. X

Please do! Lovely to see you on here again!

Gutted I haven't more time before the baby shower wanted to make something to send for it! Will send a message for you to print off :hug: Have a look in new chatter at my quilt thread it is a practice one before I do hers!

My avatar
Twinkletoes
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Twinkletoes » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:04 pm

My dd recently turned 4, and has gone through various stages of this at different times.

It was never particularly aggressive on her part, but there is always a repeated and vehement preference for daddy!

I tend to ignore it and maximise the opportunity for a little bit of a step back, and feel happy that she feels so emotionally tied to both parents. It has the added advantage of daddy being able to empathise with how it feels to have a whining grouchy child endlessly hanging off your leg!

The very first time it happened, dh gloated a bit cruelly, which devastated me, and made the whole thing into a big deal for me, but i explained how it made me feel, and that I'd rather we viewed it as a normal phase of development, and a healthy thing rather than turn it into a battle between us for her affection. He's never done it since, and whenever these phases pop up we just roll with it.

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler