hf1

Am i too relaxed?

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Am i too relaxed?

Postby Hannahboo » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:01 am

What is it with young children wanting to sit under tables :giggle: Darcy likes to do that when we go for a coffee and get the comfy sofas to sit on there is quite a low table next to the sofa and she often crawls under from me to hubby instead of walking round, must be like a little den or assault course for them :wink:

My avatar
mummy_goose1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby mummy_goose1 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:02 am

@Hannahboo yep!! i thik it's the den thing!! Hayley loves it!!! lol! xx

My avatar
chocmuffin
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby chocmuffin » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:05 am

:giggle: Mine dont do it when we're out but at home they always want to make a bus, rocket, train with the chairs! :D

My avatar
teganplus2
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby teganplus2 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:09 pm

No such thing as too relaxed when they're so small IMO and you've met my children Kirsty and I don't think they're bad mannered brats lol

T sits at her table until she has eaten and then comes and sits with us or goes and gets a book they are so little you can't expect them to sit silent and still! And I don't consider children who talk at the table or move from the table bad mannered!!

My avatar
mummy_goose1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby mummy_goose1 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:18 pm

@teganplus2 your children are ADORABLE!!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

My avatar
teganplus2
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby teganplus2 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:38 pm

mummy_goose1 wrote:@teganplus2 your children are ADORABLE!!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

@mummy_goose1 why thank you, I obviously think so but I am somewhat biased!!!!

My avatar
donna4
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby donna4 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:15 pm

@kirstyh :) no we don't as I don't want my kids trying to talk with food in their mouths or their food getting cold because their talking as there still young (10, 6, 5, 4 + 1)the first thing we do when we get in from school is talk about how the kids day went and from them getting in from school to going to bed we spend that time together so were not scattered around the house not interacting with each other :)

Sorry I don't mean it to sound like kids shouldn't talk or move around when out eating I personally just don't like other children messing around near my table when the parents are to busy talking to care what what their kids are doing, it's different if the kids are next to their table :)

The thing is with parenting we all make our own choices on how we bring our children up and Im doughtful there's not two mums on here that will do everything the same xxxxxxxxxxxx

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:10 pm

donna4 wrote:@kirstyh :)

The thing is with parenting we all make our own choices on how we bring our children up and Im doughtful there's not two mums on here that will do everything the same xxxxxxxxxxxx

Very true :D

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:19 pm

My three have always been pretty good at the table. They were either in their high chairs til 2 or at their own little table. Once they got past 2 the rule has always been once your finished you can get down and go play, but they aren't allowed to get up and down. We chat and laugh they whole time.

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler