hf1

Cradle cap

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Cradle cap

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:54 am

Holly has a big patch all over the top of her head, it's just there, not troublesome but it's not nice and I'm just wondering if there is any way to clear it up?

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Cradle cap

Postby northernruth » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:45 am

Martha had this, I think you can use any type of oil, we also used a special shampoo that we got from the chemist (not expensive). I used olive oil (very effective but smelly), almond oil and bio oil at various stages. You put the oil on before they go to bed and massage it in, then wash it off in the morning.

Just googled the shampoo, it's called Dentinox and it does work.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:18 am

Mine never really had severe cradle cap but like Ruth I just used oil on any dry skin they had, usually Olive but sometimes other oils (not that awful baby oil stuff though!)

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:20 am

Nothing really worked for India so I just left it.

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:31 am

The only thing to lift D's was this https://www.lush.co.uk/product/340/Sean ... hampoo-Bar

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:03 am

I just left Nathan's. Dentinox is ok.U can buy ketoconazole shampoo or get it on prescription too but unless it's severe or bothering her I'd be inclined to just use oil if anything.

My avatar
katherineeah1
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby katherineeah1 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:40 pm

Yeah I used Dentinox too when V was 5 months. Took a month to clear it up, her hair fell out and she lost her baby smell BUT I don't know if that would have happened anyway because of the cradle cap. She's got it again at 15 months and I've been massaging olive oil into her scalp at teatime for about a week now. It hasn't cleared up yet but I think if you don't use cradle cap shampoo, you just need a natural moisturising oil like olive, almond etc to soften the scabby stuff.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:42 pm

many swear by olive oil and it worked when G's wasn't too bad, didn't shift W's though so we used dentinox shampoo x

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:57 pm

I used baby johnson's baby oil gel in the end-left it on for a few hours and i brushed it all out. Dentinox didnt work for me and its v strong smelling of fake pot pourri x

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler