hf1

Resettling

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Resettling

Postby ems101 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:51 pm

James is generally waking for a feed at 1am, but takes 1-3hrs to go back to sleep. Jen was worse than this. HOW LONG Do your lo's take to settle after a night feed?

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Resettling

Postby lazylexis » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:57 pm

It varies,anything from 30mins to an hour.He's now 13 weeks but in the first few weeks he took at least 1-1/2 hrs.

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:59 pm

Emmet goes straight back to sleep, Isaac used to too but Jonah took much longer and looking back, I actually think he was still hungry.

I assume you do the usual things like low light, not chatting :giggle: etc. If he's not in a sleeping bag it could be a temperature difference of going back into his bed?

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:29 pm

Very early days Isobella was a night baby she would get up to play in the middle of the night it wasn't for a while til she settled down but we always just keept to the same rule of staying up stairs which I think helped x

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:44 pm

Generally 15-30 mins after a feed, sometimes straight away, very occasionally an hour or so. It's normally wind and/or hunger that stops him.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:45 pm

Straight away. William wakes for a feed, on feeds for maybe 10 mins at most and is asleep before he goes back to his bed x

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:34 am

They don't really develop a body clock until 6 - 8 weeks so at the moment he doesn't know that it's night. He's just in a routine of waking up, feeding, and being alert for a while. Hopefully if you can stick with it for the next couple of weeks he will start to realise that night time is for sleeping. They usually have one long stretch of sleep (6-8 hours?) so I suppose it depends what is happening before and after he wakes up.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:39 pm

Longest he has slept is around 4 hrs. Jen always took ages to resettle at nmight, so im fearful he will be the same! Hes in the dark in a sleeping bag and obvs v quiet, so hopefully he will eventually get the message its not play time!

Return to Baby and Toddler