Just putting ryan new routine UD PG7

My avatar
labbiefan
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Just putting ryan new routine

Postby labbiefan » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:38 pm

Good luck x

I cant see how old your lo is as I'm on my phone.
My ds is 2 just turned. He has a 1- 1.5hr sleep between 12 and half 2 depending on what we've got on. But no matter what I wake him at half 2 even if hes only had a short nap.
Tea time is 5, bath at 6 then chill out watching cartoons, bed between 6.45-7.00 story in bed then give a kiss and lights out, he then sleeps until 6.30-7.00 ish. I started with a strict routine at 6months and I bf him until he was 16 months. Hope this helps and again good luck...have you considered a gro clock depending on lo's age? x

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:42 pm

@Rox when out with my mum and sister i can't let him walk as they get very funny and they walk to fast for me so it would be way to fast for ryan, he's alway walk till reacently but we get half way to were we want to go and then he wants to be carried and i can't do that at the moment. tomorrow i've got an out side day planed now buut not what we were doing. and he's not having a sleep i'll just cope with the wining which i can do but not DP but he going to be late tomorrow so i'll do it when he's not here i'm also going to wake him in the morning as he's been sleeping in till 9.30 so i will get him up at 8ish i think

He also still wakes in the night about 4-5 times as well

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:44 pm

Starting on his bedtime is a great place to start as, as you say it will be having an impact on his behaviour during the day and your ability to cope with it.
I was going to say earlier too but it will depend on if he naps during the day.
I d say look out for natural dips during the day to judge what time would be good for bedtime. I always swear by the two hour cycle. If you miss it you have to wait for the next two hour window.

Good luck, stick with it and you ll reap the rewards, it will take time though.
Xxx

Cross posts with lots of people! Oops!
Also reading the others, sometimes staying in with mine distracts them more, but if you are, does it work pretending to be asleep on the floor etc and just ignoring him? My DH always falls asleep lol! If you re putting him back in top tip , no words or just the same phrase over and over with no emotion.

Good luck !

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:47 pm

Dp is just starting now i'm in our room so i don't interfere as it's my turn tomorrow night he's had more sleep that me in the last few days too so here goes.

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:54 pm

Fingers crossed, it might go horribly wrong tonight but stick at it xxx

My avatar
mummy_goose1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby mummy_goose1 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:11 pm

good luck! i read somewhere it takes at least 3 nights/days for a new routine/aspect to work... so you have to stick with it...! xxx

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:19 pm

so far so good no crying :thumbsup: but he's still awake DP is still in there.

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: ryan new routine well not worked UD page 2

Postby laceybat » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:57 pm

Well DP didn't lisen to what we were going to do and is in there having a conversation with him what part of no talking did he not get and now there off down stairs so that was a bust i'll be doing it from now on as he can't stick to it i'm so pissed off after that long talk he didn't lisecn at all :x :x :x :x

i will have him a slep at a decien time soon

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:07 pm

I hope its going ok. I really think that you need to stick to a plan for a few weeks, so that when the new LO arrives, Ryan is happy in his new routine.

IMHO I think you need to have set times for certain activities, so that his day is constant. in our house the toots have always started the day at 7am, then always in bed lights out by 7. There are times that they will lie in for a bit but its rare, and we do let them stay up late, like last night but they are suffering today as they are very tired. so we.re having lots of quiet times but they won't nap, or else they are awake v.late and the cycle continues to the next day.

I honestly think you need to pick a time for bed, then wake him up at that time in the morning. He should be able to do 12 hours awake at his age.

Don't let him nap, and have tea or snacks early to help him out for the first few weeks. Be prepared for the afternoons to be a shambles for a while, but it will be because he's tired. the problem is you can't have him sleep late and/or have a nap and expect him to go to bed earlier, he's getting too much sleep for that. (I hate to sound blunt)

Also what are you and DP doing when you are in his bedroom? Is he acting up more because you are there?

PreviousNext

Return to Baby and Toddler