hf1

Frequent night waking :-(

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Frequent night waking :-(

Postby Shaunie » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:58 am

Emmet used to be great, waking just once or sometimes twice a night on average. He then hit the 4mth growth spurt where days & nights were awful for over a week.

Since then, his days have got good again, in terms of sleep etc but the nights have got worse. He goes down about 7.30pm and sleeps until about 11pm (used to be 1am), and then it's every 1.5hrs at best :(

Why, why, why? Teeth? Hunger? Developmental? Baby rice has been suggested :roll:

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Frequent night waking :-(

Postby Miss_Purple » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:07 am

:hug: not sure hun, but Aubrey was sleeping 12 hours straight until he hit 16 weeks and then he's been awake twice a night since. Can you tell why E is waking? If it's hunger then maybe solids might help, how near is he to 6 months now? If he's anything like Aubrey he is probably practically sitting up already!

Can you give him an extra feed in the evening to try and get him through?

If it's not hunger then it could be anything, developmental (rolling maybe?) Is he in a big cot yet? Annabel used to wake herself up by knocking the side of the crib in her sleep

Hope it gets better soon x

My avatar
pinksalmon2001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby pinksalmon2001 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:11 pm

:hug: :hug: No advice i'm afraid as I am literally pulling my hair out with A too - we had a long phase of her being a fab sleeper until the 16 week growth spurt but it has been downhill from there :( She settles herself to sleep after her bedtime routine (bath and quiet story with Tyler) and is always asleep by 7 but she starts waking up somewhere between 9-10 and then wakes up every 1.5-2 hours for the rest of the night and she will not resettle unless I feed her :roll:

I am currently reading the no cry sleep solution again to see if there is anything in there that helps and I have just put her down for a nap with no dummy and she has gone off ok so may try and slowly get rid of that to see if that makes a difference but no other ideas!

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:12 pm

16 weeks is v common for sleep regression.N went from doing 5 hours to waking every 1-2 which lasted for months.I put it down to a combination of things-being more wware of surroundings,developmental spurt and growth spurt all together.Hope it doesn't last too long for u. J has been a worse sleeper than N was so far and is 16 weeks on sat - eeekk!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:16 pm

lazylexis wrote:16 weeks is v common for sleep regression.N went from doing 5 hours to waking every 1-2 which lasted for months.I put it down to a combination of things-being more wware of surroundings,developmental spurt and growth spurt all together.Hope it doesn't last too long for u. J has been a worse sleeper than N was so far and is 16 weeks on sat - eeekk!

WSS. My other 3 were all very similar sleepers around the 4 month mark! M has always been a good sleeper though thankfully or I think I would have gone :loopy: :lol: I wouldn't bother trying solids to try and get him to sleep through as they eat such a small amount of them to start with there are far more calories in milk than the tiny amount of food he would be eating! Hope things improve for you soon. :hug:

My avatar
pinksalmon2001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby pinksalmon2001 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:29 pm

Louise wrote:
lazylexis wrote:16 weeks is v common for sleep regression.N went from doing 5 hours to waking every 1-2 which lasted for months.I put it down to a combination of things-being more wware of surroundings,developmental spurt and growth spurt all together.Hope it doesn't last too long for u. J has been a worse sleeper than N was so far and is 16 weeks on sat - eeekk!

WSS. My other 3 were all very similar sleepers around the 4 month mark! M has always been a good sleeper though thankfully or I think I would have gone :loopy: :lol: I wouldn't bother trying solids to try and get him to sleep through as they eat such a small amount of them to start with there are far more calories in milk than the tiny amount of food he would be eating! Hope things improve for you soon. :hug:

This is where my 2 seem to have got it around the wrong way - Tyler has always been a pretty fantastic sleeper (although an early riser) so I am seriously struggling with my all night party baby, especially seeing as Tyler is still an early riser!

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:05 pm

I can't remember how often J & I woke at this age. Jonah pretty much slept through from about 8mths, Isaac was 12mths.

E doesn't have a dummy, and while he does feed when he wakes I am not convinced he's *that* hungry. I try to soothe him, which usually fails and then I end up feeding him. Last night he was doing his sleepy chat and not crying so I left him next to me in the bed and we both must have eventually fell asleep!

He sleeps in his crib now, we co-slept until about 12 weeks or so and he sleeps fine in his crib. I did find him clinging to the side last night, on his side trying to latch onto the crib :roll:

I guess I'll just have to keep fingers crossed it doesn't last too long because I'm already :loopy: :night: . I'm a bit of a moo when I have prolonged sleep deprivation :widesmile:

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:19 pm

i went through this. i used to give my lo a massive drink of ebm after a feed-he was feeding for comfort rather than getting anything down him last thing at night so then he'd wake up of course. previous to that he'd been a sleeping superstar. it's just a phase-it lasted 2 weeks for me then back to normal. hope you get some much needed rest soon :hug: x (why isnt spell checker capitalising my i's?)

My avatar
Star02
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Star02 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:05 pm

Know the feeling Shaunie, all these babes seem to be doing similar things eh! O was up nearly every hour last night, I could hardly open my eyes by 4am. Big :hug:

Return to Baby and Toddler