hf1

Baby hooded towels

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Baby hooded towels

Postby Hannahboo » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:55 am

Miss_Purple wrote:I do love the WN ones too though, if you get them with pretty minkee rather than embroidery they are cheaper, and you can sell them on pre-loved too.

I had only planned to get ones with minkee anyway as they become ridiculously expensive for the embroidery I would want :giggle:

Thanks Lexi, shall go check them out!

I think the main issue is the size as I can always use softener etc if they need softening up a little :thumbsup:

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:46 am

I would just buy some big fluffy towels - we had hooded with Scarlett but i find most of them quite thin after a bit and they get mishapen etc then you cant use them when outgrown.

We have lots of big towels now so i'm planning to just use those, like they do in hospital really.

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:59 am

i have 4 tots bots bamboo hooded towels and they are brill. 2 of them are almost 6 years old and are still soft. I still use them for my 3 year old.

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:19 pm

Rox wrote:I would just buy some big fluffy towels - we had hooded with Scarlett but i find most of them quite thin after a bit and they get mishapen etc then you cant use them when outgrown.

We have lots of big towels now so i'm planning to just use those, like they do in hospital really.

I think that may be the best and cheapest option. We moved to normal towels when Darcy was a few months old, and I have wanted an excuse to replace our normal towels so maybe I should just use it as an excuse to buy a while new set :giggle:

JenKyleKaitlinRoo wrote:i have 4 tots bots bamboo hooded towels and they are brill. 2 of them are almost 6 years old and are still soft. I still use them for my 3 year old.

I was just looking at the tots bots ones yesterday but they only have the orange and yellow left on their website and I am not particularly fond of either of those colours :-?

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:57 pm

I have 2 aqua, a yellow and a lilac. All are nice colours imo.

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:18 pm

Don't add softener to towels in the wash, it repels water. Not good when towels are used to dry your body ;)

We use big thick Egyptian cotton ones from asda :) no hoods but they do the job fine :)

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:38 pm

happytails wrote:Don't add softener to towels in the wash, it repels water. Not good when towels are used to dry your body ;)

We use big thick Egyptian cotton ones from asda :) no hoods but they do the job fine :)

I dont tend to use softener but use Bold 2 in 1 usually which has softener in it, although I did occasionally use softener on Darcys towels when she was tiny but it didn't seem to make any difference to absorbency, I guess when they are so tiny they dont have a massive amount of water on them to dry off anyway when they get out of the bath so wasn't really an issue.

I think I am just going to get the same towels that Darcy now has from Sainsburys as they are really nice quality and come in lovely bright colours :thumbsup:

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:55 pm

We have Tots Bots ones :thumbsup:

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:44 am

Bluebell wrote:We have Tots Bots ones :thumbsup:

Is there anywhere else that sells them except from Tots Bots direct? I just dont do yellow or orange, I am much more of a blue/green/purple kinda person and yellow/orange doesnt suit me or Darcy so I tend to avoid it :giggle:

Think I am pretty much decided I will just get normal towels now anyway, as thats all we have used on Darcy since she was a few months old and they have been fab and seems silly to spend at least £15 on a towel when I could get 2-3 normal towels for that price!

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler