hf1

Moving baby to own room

My avatar
Twinkletoes
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Moving baby to own room

Postby Twinkletoes » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:27 pm

We moved O when she was 5 months, the last month of that she was in a travel cot. The noise she made drove us nuts though! We had to play white noise through the night to help us all sleep!

I would feel nervous about doing it very young, but if the basket is outgrown I can't see you have much option!

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:33 pm

Do you have a travel cot? Or could you borrow something?

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:38 pm

I moved my lo out at 5.5 weeks as either his noises would wake me up or oh's snoring would wake him up. Also he seemed too big for his moses basket as soon as he was born really...x

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:49 pm

I think it's too early too -I was reading some research the other day that suggested sleeping in the same room may decrease SID risk by up to 50%. SIDS risk is highest between 2and 3 months and then slowly decreases so 10 weeks is right in the middle of that.

My avatar
teganplus2
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby teganplus2 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:00 pm

:hohoho: J and A are spending night four in their own room tonight, if you can't see my ticker they are 16 months, and I have monitor on all night next to me in bed, T is still in with us and won't be moving out (she is 34 months) so I def think its too soon but then I'm weird :loopy: xxx

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:21 pm

lazylexis wrote:I think it's too early too -I was reading some research the other day that suggested sleeping in the same room may decrease SID risk by up to 50%. SIDS risk is highest between 2and 3 months and then slowly decreases so 10 weeks is right in the middle of that.

stats like that make me worried, hes just had a feed and is coming back into our room! might try7 the travel cot tomorrow!

xx

My avatar
teganplus2
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby teganplus2 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:42 pm

ems101 wrote:
lazylexis wrote:I think it's too early too -I was reading some research the other day that suggested sleeping in the same room may decrease SID risk by up to 50%. SIDS risk is highest between 2and 3 months and then slowly decreases so 10 weeks is right in the middle of that.

stats like that make me worried, hes just had a feed and is coming back into our room! might try7 the travel cot tomorrow!

xx

:hug: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:42 pm

teganplus2 wrote::hohoho: J and A are spending night four in their own room tonight, if you can't see my ticker they are 16 months, and I have monitor on all night next to me in bed, T is still in with us and won't be moving out (she is 34 months) so I def think its too soon but then I'm weird :loopy: xxx

Not weird at all :hug: All of mine co-sleep with me until they move straight into a toddler bed around the age of 3. Although I think I will be moving M out sooner rather than later as she has slept through the night from a very young age (totally different to the other 3 :shock: :lol: )

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby evansmummy » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:09 pm

teganplus2 wrote::hohoho: J and A are spending night four in their own room tonight, if you can't see my ticker they are 16 months, and I have monitor on all night next to me in bed, T is still in with us and won't be moving out (she is 34 months) so I def think its too soon but then I'm weird :loopy: xxx

Erm not weird...Noah's still in with us and hes 18 months!

I couldn't move them out before a year at least. Each to their own I just couldn't x

PreviousNext

Return to Baby and Toddler