Sleeping through the night - pah!

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Sleeping through the night - pah!

Postby jules070603 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:41 pm

gilbertandmartha wrote:
jules070603 wrote:I'm a big believer in letting nature take its course so I would stop the dream feed and let her wake. TBH I'd prefer that than being up with an unsettled baby at 4.30/5.

this is kind of my thinking, as its easier for me to be up for 30 mins compared with up to 2 hours, but I'm also mindful of her not really being able to go from 6pm to 7am for a long long time and I'd quite like some sleep! not that i've really had peaceful nights since having the toots as they often wake up for a quick minute or two most nights.

I honestly think sleeping through doesn't happen until they are years old anyway LOL!! Imogen at over 3 still wakes although its often just a quick pat required and she turns over and goes to sleep and Zach was a great sleeper until Imogen arrived/he started nursery and we had a hiccup then.

I know what its like to just be desperate for an unbroken night though :hug: I still am too. xxx

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:00 pm

Not read the other replies, but a dream feed never worked for either of mine, it just seemed to make them even more unsettled for the night. It didn't t effect settling into a good routine later on. Xxx

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:01 pm

gilbertandmartha wrote:@Miss_Purple so what kind of times do you feed Aubrey? I currently do 7am, 10.30, 2.30, 5/6pm then the night feed whenever it is.

No idea really as he's demand fed, but I guess a typical day would be 5.30am, 8.30am, 10.30am, 1pm, 3pm, 5pm, 7pm

Roughly every 2-3 hours on average, but the length of feed varies. My Mum said my brother and I were both good sleepers at night but had extra feeds during the day.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:04 pm

Jacob feeds 2 hourly or less during the day and wakes every 1-2 hrs at night at the mo,Nathan was the same.I've been in bed since 8.30 but no sleep yet as J is moaning and waking or almost waking every 30-40 mins sigh! I hate having no sleep too.N has slept thru once in 3 yrs but usually wakes at 3 and 5 so u would think I'd be used to it! Hope Lola is a better sleeper for u soon!

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:34 pm

I have a friend here who reckons her 3 year old has slept through since 7 weeks old, never once woken up. I need to question her to see if she really means no waking at teething or any other stages. I could honestly poke her eyes out!

Riley and Lockie are good, but they do wake up most nights.

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:45 am

We all stir/wake in our sleep, adults and children. If a child is in their own room and Mum is a heavy sleeper she may not hear her waking. If I don't need to intervene (ie they self-settle) then I count it as sleeping through, even though I may well have heard them (DD sucks her thumb very loudly when she stirs in the night).
Also, sleeping through is technically only 6 hours I think, so Lola is already 'sleeping through' by that definition!

My avatar
chocmuffin
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby chocmuffin » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:09 am

Cara slept through from 6wks with just a dream feed, but we had alot of BF'ing problems & she didnt put any weight on for 5wks so I think she just got used to no food :( . Once I we started on formula is was obv like banquet at every meal to her! I cant remember when I dropped the dream feed.

George slept from a dream feed till 6 from about 10wks. Hes has always had a thing about waking at 6 but now has a gro clock set for 7, he doesnt get up till 7 but you can hear him singing/playing before that. Again I cant remember when I dropped the dream feed.

Neither of them have woken much in the night (that requires us). Teeth never seem to have bothered them really, only Georges very back ones earlier this yr but then a dose of calpol always set him up till morning.

Cara will wake in the night 1/2 time a wk for me to replace her cover but I never makes a fuss going back off.

I have been very lucky really, fc for sleep with this one!

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler