My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Site Supporter

Re: They won't leave the baby alone!

Postby JabberJabber » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:25 am

JabberJabber wrote:And here!

I ended up crying yesterday when Oliver woke Isaac up from his only nap. 10 minutes in. :evil:

My avatar
Cyrillia
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: They won't leave the baby alone!

Postby Cyrillia » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:01 am

Sounds like I'm not alone in tearing my hair out over this issue. I am trying as much as I can to put Jake in his moses basket, but - just like his brothers - he's really not fussed on being in there. It seems a little better when he naps in there as opposed to when he's on the settee as it's a physical barrier (albeit only a small one!), and they do seem to leave him alone a little more. TV is definitely getting a bashing here, which isn't ideal as they do find it boring, but I'm not worrying about it too much. While DH is home he's trying to play with them and take them to the park when Ethan comes home, but that's not really practical unless it's the weekend as he's generally doing tea, etc... I guess it's just a case of getting through these early months. Ethan's needing a lot of reassurance at the moment - he's so close to me that Jake's arrival has really knocked him for six.

Things came to a bit of a head yesterday and I think I spent the whole day crying with the BF'ing, Ethan, and everything else, so I caved last night and let DH do the night feed with a few ounces of formula. I felt unbelievably guilty! DH sleeps in the next room as he doesn't get any rest with the baby and Ethan both in our room, and he'd taken Jake in with him to try to let me get a nights rest, but I ended up in his room at 4:30am crying because my one boob was painfully engorged and I just missed having the baby lying next to me! I'm a bit head shot at the moment, so it all seems worse I think.

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler