Asleep all day, awake all night!

My avatar
Cyrillia
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Asleep all day, awake all night!

Postby Cyrillia » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:02 am

HELP!!! :cry:

I don't know what I can do about this, but I'm so tired all I can do is cry.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: Asleep all day, awake all night!

Postby JabberJabber » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:21 am

It's awful! :hug:

I guess you are already trying some, if not all, of the following:

Night feeds in a dark quiet room

Daytime feeds in a brighter room with the normal noise of the house

A bedtime routine to signal the end of the day (wash/bath, night clothes, feed etc)

Playing during the day

Getting fresh air in the day

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:25 am

Jacob is still so little that confusion over day/night is understandable, but that doesn't help you.

If you cannot get away to sleep during the day, then sit down and preserve your energy. Get the TV on for the children, accept offers of help for making meals etc. Ask others for help if there is anyone around too.

The early days are so very very hard. :hug:

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:14 am

Austin went through it too and we spent a few days keeping him up in the day to sort it out, we were all very tired so lots of :hug:

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:17 am

:hug: Definitely the suggestions above helped us.The early days are so hard.I keep telling myself it gets better and it is slowly!

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:37 am

Totally normal but so hard. I cry too when I'm tired, and I was so fed up *but* it *does* get better. No comfort at all when you feel like that I know but it's very early days and in a few weeks, I'm sure it will be better for you :hug:

Emmet was the same but it was impossible to keep a newborn awake during the day! As he got a little older he would have longer awake periods, and became more settled in the day too so I would not spend all day feeding, soothing, feeding, soothing.

By the time he was 6 weeks old, I felt much better about things. xx

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:57 am

Isobella was the same. Me and rob would do shifts I would do all day and evening cluster feeding then I would go to bed for a few hours if she was hungry he would bring her up and I would feed asleep. Then about 1 am rob came to bed and I would get up. At night we would try to keep things calm and dark. I tried keeping her awake more go the day but just felt mean so left her to sleep when she needed she figured day and night out in her own time. Hope you get some sleep soon x

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:15 am

littlesez wrote:I tried keeping her awake more go the day but just felt mean so left her to sleep when she needed she figured day and night out in her own time. Hope you get some sleep soon x

^this. They haven't got days & nights confused, they just haven't yet realised there is a difference! It will come :hug:

My avatar
knees_on
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby knees_on » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:05 am

:hug: I think we have all been there. It does get better, you know that. If I need sleep I tend to get them all on the sofa, put on a nice documentary and have a little snooze while they watch. SOmetimes it only takes me 20 ins for a recharge. But in the early days you have to snatch whatever you can :hug:

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler