hf1

Asleep all day, awake all night!

My avatar
Cyrillia
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Asleep all day, awake all night!

Postby Cyrillia » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:43 am

Thanks all. :hug: It's just so difficult at the moment - Jake just wants to be cuddled constantly - whether that's while boobing or sleeping (usually both! :giggle:) it means that he won't be put down. It just comes to a head at 5am when all I want to do is sleep.

DH deals with tiredness much better than me, but Jake won't settle for him so it generally means that on the few occasions that DH has taken him for me to go back to bed he ends up crying himself to sleep in DH's arms. That worries me because I know what sort of effect that can have on the baby. I've also noticed that it makes him even clingier with me in the daytime, which - while it's an understandable reaction because all he knows is that he 'lost' me in the night - it's getting even harder. Whereas a few days ago I could feed/cuddle him to sleep depending on his mood, yesterday and today he's woken up the second he hears me clip the cup back up on my bra!

My avatar
Cyrillia
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Cyrillia » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:49 am

I've got a Close Parent sling arriving tomorrow as I'm finding the RS too hard on my shoulder and uncomfortable to use when he naps on me as he can be in it for a couple of hours at a time. FC that will help with the daytime napping and not wanting to be put down.

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:13 pm

Oh hun, its horrid and the bit im least looking forward to. Scarlett was the same. I recall someone telling me about the week 3 and 6 turning points and they were so true. She started to settle a bit more from week 3 and by week 6 was a much easier baby as we were all getting some more sleep (at the right hours lol)

Stick at it and rest when you can. He just doesnt know any difference at the moment. He has no concept of time or night/day. It will come.

Def try for a routine with a winding down bit in the evenings and hopefully that will induce some relaxation and get him on a better path or at least give you all a bit of quiet time to relax.

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler