hf1

Immunisations...

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:21 pm

kittykins wrote:I'm also scared of Sophia having it as i dont like to make my baby ill!! i know thats a silly comment as it would be awful if she actually got any of the diseases, and i know she will have to have it soon, but i'm just putting it off for a bit.

Funnily enough I'm the same really in that respect - I don't want to make her ill!!
Also don't really want to take her to be jabbed with a needle that I know will hurt her :(

Will probably hang on until 18months...

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:23 am

Phebie is due for for MMR now and while I do want her to have it, theres also the part of me that doesn't want her too aswell. Shes got a cold and conjunitivitis at the moment so thats my excuse for delaying it a few weeks :wink:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:18 am

Every time I go to do it Louis is ill or teething, hoe to go in the next week or so!

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Immunisations...

Postby rhead » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:05 pm

Lili had her 5-in-1 (DTP + Hep B + pertussis, I think) a while back, and that's the only one I was going to give her as it's the only one that's mandatory in France... but last time we were in the doctor said she was due for MMR at 1 year and recommended that we have it done even though it's not compulsory because of the risk of rubella for girls. :? My mom, who I trust, says she thinks it's OK, and pointed out that my sister decided not to vaccinate her younger daughter and now every time she gets sick they have to worry that it might be this, that, or the other. :cry:

So, OK, we'll have it done, but now I'm reading all this about waiting til 18 months (she's only just 12 mos and the appt. is in 2 days!). What do you think? Is there good reason to wait, or does it not really matter? Like some of you have said, I hate to do anything that's going to cause her pain or discomfort, but will there be less chance of that in 6 months? Help!

I need to make a decision by Thursday morning as I'll have to pick up the vaccine at the pharmacist's and bring it in with me (or not).

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Immunisations...

Postby rhead » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:47 am

Well, as it happened I couldn't find the prescription (don't think they gave it to me last time I was in, or else I lost it), so I begged off until January (14 mos). Better than nothing, eh?

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler