Rolling at night

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Site Supporter

Rolling at night

Postby JabberJabber » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:55 am

@lazylexis Has Jacob stopped rolling onto his front overnight yet?

Has anyone got a safe way to stop them doing this?

It's driving me potty!

Isaac is full of a cold, teething and rolling at night, so we are only getting about an hour of sleep at a time. We are all slowly going :loopy:

My avatar
Connie_334
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Rolling at night

Postby Connie_334 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:31 am

I used to put B's cot sheet long ways across the mattress so it went right under on both sides and then kept him securely in place. Stopped him rolling over or into the bars.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:36 am

A rolled up towel either side of him, under the sheet. You may need to use a single flat sheet and tuck in all the excess!

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Site Supporter

Postby JabberJabber » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:50 am

Aah, Connie, that's a good idea, but Isaac is in a sleeping bag and doesn't have a layer over that.

Ems, I might try your suggestion tonight, thanks!

My avatar
Connie_334
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Connie_334 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:00 am

B was in a sleeping bag too but I just put the sheet over the top of that to keep him in place. He slept like an angel, then as he felt all secure being held in place (might give it a go now and see if I can stop him waking up :giggle: ).

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:08 pm

Nope he still tends to roll.But he now tends to just roll onto his side.If he rolls onto his tummy he will now turn his head to the side.However he will currently only sleep for an hour at a time unless he is in bed in the crook of my arm or can feel me touching his head!! We have a sidecar cot arrangement

Return to Baby and Toddler