hf1

Resetting toddlers body clock.

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Resetting toddlers body clock.

Postby Bugglyboo » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:38 am

We were having problems before the rooms change but now Ed thinks that 4.30 is getting up time.
We are both so exhausted we don't know what to do with ourselves.
At the moment, im sat on my bed listening to Ed cry on and off.
It doesn't matter what time we put him to bed, he still wakes up at 4.30.
We have to pack so that we can move house either this week or next and im too tired to even function.

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Resetting toddlers body clock.

Postby Bugglyboo » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:39 am

Also, he won't settle if we Co-sleep, feed milk or cuddle/shush/pat/rub his back to sleep.

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:50 am

Riley is an early bird, but thankfully not that early! it must be a killer. I only know the tough it out option of putting a gate across their room and when they wake up I say back to bed and lead them back to bed no cuddles no kisses etc. if they kick up a fuss I give the option of letting them stay at the gate and cry or being tucked back, they always choose tucked back in.

I have tried the nicer approach of sleeping in with them until a more reasonable time but I find they wake up earlier and earlier demanding I sleep with them.

I've also got a gro clock which has reasonable success, and a torch so they can 'read' etc helps.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:58 am

Oh Jess 4.30 is just painful :hug: Is he sleeping alot in the day? Is he waking wet or cold? I guess it isn't a light issue at that time. Has anything changed since he has started doing this?

I can't really come up with a solution but can you go to bed really early to get enough sleep to deal with the packing in the next week or so? Short term solution bit may help :hug:

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:03 am

His clock went squiffy when we had to reintroduce gluten.
He's now got used to waking at 5-5.30 which now means 4.30.
He's in a travel cot at the moment to stop him escaping over the side of his cot.
I left him to it in the end this morning and he did eventually go to sleep at 6 and woke at 7 so we did manage to grab some sleep. Hopefully he'll have got the message.

Return to Baby and Toddler