hf1

Recommend me an electronic toy

My avatar
Mumof5
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Recommend me an electronic toy

Postby Mumof5 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:40 pm

So far, I have tried to avoid anything with batteries/noises/lights etc for my littlest. However, I am after something that will hold her attention for a little while, even just 5 mins, so I can look at emails/chat/search the internet without having to have her hanging off my boob! I was thinking that maybe she would like to play with her own 'pc' whilst I'm on mine? It has been such a long time since I have had a toddler, I'm really out of touch with what's good and what's not. Any suggestions?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Recommend me an electronic toy

Postby Louise » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:52 pm

Sadly M is not interested in any toy versions of anything. :roll: :giggle: She much prefers the real thing so she has some old mobile phones and an old android tablet that she plays with.

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:23 pm

Louise wrote:Sadly M is not interested in any toy versions of anything. :roll: :giggle: She much prefers the real thing so she has some old mobile phones and an old android tablet that she plays with.

Yep, same here. The only time I get any peace is when they are eating or sleeping!

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:58 pm

We had ( still have it floating around somewhere!) the light and sound drum from ELC.
It plays a mean tune, can be rolled on its side and is great when it lights up in the dark ( when on a long journey with crying kids who are afraid of the dark :))

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:00 pm

Ps wts ^ probably still won t keep her busy for long!

My avatar
babasmama
Clothie
Clothie

Postby babasmama » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:52 pm

Leapfrog do a toy laptop, amongst other things,that you can programme their name into and personalise emails.
Hope you find something!

My avatar
Mumof5
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Mumof5 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:19 am

I was thinking along the lines of Leapfrog, maybe the littleleap of something?

My avatar
Hippychick
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Hippychick » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:06 pm

My littlest loves this Vtech pop-up ball: importantly, it has high and low volume and an "off" setting. You can "peekaboo" the dog up and down even when it's turned off, it plays several cheery and not too jarring tunes, and it's easy for baby to bang the buttons and pop up the dog themself. One of the least annoying electronic things we have , and not too huge either!

http://www.argos.co.uk/m/static/Product/partNumber/9243284.htm?CMPID=GS001&_$ja=tsid:11527%7Ccc:%7Cprd:9243284%7Ccat:toys+%2F+pre-school+%2F

My avatar
emmavmorgan
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby emmavmorgan » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:11 pm

My 2 both loved the busy ball popper it kept them entertained for ages I think it was made by Playskool?

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler