Recipe ideas for an increasingly fussy eater - HHEELLPP

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Recipe ideas for an increasingly fussy eater - HHEELLPP

Postby Bugglyboo » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:43 pm

With

Does he like strong flavours? Ed isn't a fussy eater (yet) but prefers stronger flavours.
There's a lovely recipe for a red Thai butternut squash curry which you could hide loads of veg in. We have it lumpy on day one with rice then I add some water and blitz it to make soup the next day.
I was really funny with textures as a child, I still am to a certain extent. Some children are just more sensitive to 'touch'.
Ed is gluten free as well so I know it can be a struggle finding food especially if they are fussy on top.
Would be enjoy helping choose his food? Maybe a trip to the butcher or grocer would help him try some new things.

My avatar
Rebeccar75
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Rebeccar75 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:51 pm

If I let Theo chose his own food it would be cornflakes, yoghurt + honey on toast. He asks for cornflakes at every meal time!!

Good idea about him possibly not being that hungry at mealtimes. I have thought about that and cut out daytime snacks but he is still fussy and then wants to eat fruit or an extra yoghurt but still won't eat the meal that I have made.

It is quite reassuring to see that he is not the only fussy one - most of his little friends have pretty good appetites and eat at least 2 green vegetables quite happily in their diet. I suppose I just need to concentrate on the fact that he is developing well and is healthy and bite the bullet and keep on making separate meals and STOP WORRYING!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, Rebecca

My avatar
Rebeccar75
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Rebeccar75 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:42 pm

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Theo ate a carrot - yes a VEGETABLE!!!!!!!!!!! We went round to a friends for sunday lunch and we had carrots with a bit of honey on them and he stuffed his face!!!!!!!!!!

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Site Supporter

Postby JabberJabber » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:59 pm

Yay, that is good news, there's hope his repertoire will keep on growing!

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:58 am

Yay! Still no progress here!!

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler