hf1

Daytime sleep?

My avatar
Cyrillia
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Daytime sleep?

Postby Cyrillia » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:48 am

I appreciate that this topic has been done to death, but I'm really having problems with Jake. The boys wake him up, he won't be put down, but even while in the sling or in my arms he fights sleep like his life depends on it! It's deteriorating to the point where he's screaming from about 5:30pm solid until 6:30-7:30pm as he's just shattered. When he's like that he won't feed either, so now we're back to two night feeds again and it's hit and iss as to whether he'll go back to sleep after those!

What could be causing this, and what can I do about it? I used to put him in the sling, but now that doesn't seem to be working anymore. :(

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Daytime sleep?

Postby lazylexis » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:08 am

Hugs. Same here - we get 2x 30min naps on my lap in the day if we are lucky,often just one. J wakes every 2 hrs at night but we got 4 hours last night!

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Site Supporter

Postby JabberJabber » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:38 am

We are also in the same situation about daytime naps, but we get longer at night.

I really do understand the frustration and stress it causes, especially when you are trying to look after other children. :hug:

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:55 am

I think they don't really sleep for a long time at once till they're a bit older. The main thing I was told when Martha was little was to put them down much sooner than you would expect - the baby whisperer suggests a 3 hour routine when they are little, so 3 hours after waking they should be going down. I didn't get naps to work properly for us till Martha was probably 4 months.

Return to Baby and Toddler