hf1

Won't sleep in cot! *update*

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Won't sleep in cot! *update*

Postby Shaunie » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:45 pm

Emmet is a little monkey atm. He has been in his own cot & own room now for just over a week. He was in a crib in my room & in my bed at some point during the night.

He goes down fine at bedtime and for naps. He sometimes goes back down afer his 11pm feed but always after that he just wakes every time I try to put him back in. I don't think it's the cot as such, but think he wants a night time cuddle in my bed!

Any suggestions? I would love DH to come back into our bed as he is still in the spare room. I have heard good things about the no cry sleep solution book but wonder if that would be useful or relevant at all?

It's a good job he's cute :wink: :widesmile:
Last edited by Shaunie on Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Won't sleep in cot!

Postby ems101 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:16 pm

we're having the same prob. dh is in our bed though (we have no spare rooms now!) so its a bit of a squash as james favours the crucifix style of sleeping ;)

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:26 pm

Maybe the cot is cold? No Cry Sleep solution is great, I can have a look for you to see.if it has anything useful if you like?

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:34 pm

What I did was took the sides off the cot and then just had isobella in a cot bed I would lie down next to her til she went back off I would recommend no cry book you can probably get it off amazon for a few pence x

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:42 am

I did wonder if the cot was cold but he is in a sleeping bag. I also put a blanket over the sheet that I bring over him ince he's in because that doesn't feel so cold to the touch as the cotton sheet.

I've already put his cot in his own room now. Maybe I'll get a copy of the book, they are quite cheap on amazon.

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:46 pm

I think it was just a phase as he's so much better now :thumbsup:

I also think progress has been made in terms of waking/feeding etc. I was only feeding if 3 or more hrs had elapsed, unless he was looking for a feed and would hold him instead & this worked and he would go to sleep in a few minutes and sleep for annother couple of hours or so.

I then decided not to pick him up unless he was crying and not just grumbling and would sit next to the cot touching his hand. After 3 or 4 nights doing this with ease, he goes back to sleep quicker and for the last 2 nights has not woke up at 1am like usual so FC it may be working!

Over-all, he sleeps from 7ish until 11pm when he feeds. He now goes from 11pm until around 4am when he feeds and he always wakes at 6.30am but wil often snack and snooze if I let him :wink:

Not perfect but sooooooo much better than it was so yay to Emmet :yahoo:

Return to Baby and Toddler