hf1

Anyone else with a non-eater?

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Anyone else with a non-eater?

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:09 pm

hmm something funny is happening and my reply was chipped in half.

i did also add that i had a big food aversion and only ate grated apple and pear until i was way past 2.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:12 pm

She asked if he was chewing and swallowing - so yes he is I guess in a fashion! He manages to eat half a Bourbon biscuit ( although that does break down a bit with not much chewing needed) and he can manage to swallow rusk mixed with milk (Dh is desperate to try and stop the screaming when I am out and occasionally he will eat about a tablespoon of that) . So I am not sure whether to be worried or not tbh. My gut tells me he will eat when he is ready but I am starting to wonder now!

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:57 pm

Riley was quite old before she really ate anything at all. But she was quite happy to suck on foods. Maybe its worth asking for a referral and in the mean time if he does start to eat no harm done. I don't think I'd be too concerned if it was me, but mine have been FF fed, so there's no issue with getting them to take some milk. But on the other hand its like you say he's gaining weight and is at the right stage development wise.

Actually if I think about it, RIley hardly drank milk either, I do remember keeping a log of how many ounces she drank per day to take as evidence, and some days I was lucky if she took 1 or 2 per feed, at 6 months or so.

Maybe some kids are just like that :lookround:

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:58 pm

Amelie was 10 months before she really started eating. Hate to say it but she is still a bit of a non eater. She has no interest in food except peppers which eats like apples. It is the only thing I know she will eat

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler