hf1

Help! We've lost our bath!

My avatar
Rufies mama
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Help! We've lost our bath!

Postby Rufies mama » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:32 pm

My little boy loves his bath. He's 29 months but is very big for his age (wears 3-4 and 4-5 clothes). We're currently living with my parents and they've just had the bath removed in favour of a shower cubicle. I'm now looking for a large baby bath that will fit in the large shower tray... Any ideas?
Thanks

My avatar
chocmuffin
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Help! We've lost our bath!

Postby chocmuffin » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:56 pm

How about a storage box or big round tub? Homebase have tubs in different sizes/colours in the garden section, the largest was fairly big!

My avatar
tinkerbell
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby tinkerbell » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:16 am

We had this exact problem as we only had a shower cubicle until DS was 3.
I remember seeing a bibabath (spelling?) online during my search. It was like a travel cot that fitted in the shower cubicle and folded flat, had a plug etc. I couldn't find any uk stockists at the time and it was quite expensive.
We ended up making do with an inflatable safety 1st bath and an Ikea bath. The Ikea baby baths are a great size. The inflatable one was good too but quickly developed mould patches if it wasn't thoroughly dried after each use. Hope this helps x

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:42 am

Could you use one of those big bucket things (I think they are called trugs?)

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:47 am

Is the shower cubicle a decent size? If so, have you tried showering with him? Rhys loved showering from about that age (with me or dh, obviously, not alone lol), I'd put in some toys and a little bowl (washing up bowl size) so that he'd have water to play with they toys in, and the best just let him play away whilst I shower myself, then wash him.

In our last house we had a lovely big shower, can't share a shower in this house though, the cubicle is teeny :-(

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby aimeet » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:17 pm

We have used a tub trug before for Pea, a friend takes hers camping and her lo has bubble baths in the field :D the big ones are pretty big.

My avatar
Rufies mama
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Rufies mama » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:52 am

I looked into tub trugs, rubber water troughs and bibabaths amongst other things but as it happens he seems to love the shower :) it's a very large cubicle and he enjoys sitting on the floor under the warm water with his toys. I bought a washing up bowl for him to play in too. The water drains away very slowly too so it's ideal for him. He sits in about an inch of water and is quite happy in there. I'm now looking for an extra large non slip mat to go in the shower tray. Thanks for your replies.

Return to Baby and Toddler