hf1

Wits end

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Wits end

Postby ems101 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:41 pm

Ok... @Shaunie and @Sim i think you may have hit on somethibg here! He really doesn't sleep much in the day. Sometimes 2 x1.5hrs naps or a longer nap in(2-3hrs) and a short one. I find it hard to give him lots of opportunity to sleep around all of jen's activities, but will defiantly work on that!

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:55 pm

Sounds like he's actually napping OK! At 9 months they should have between 2.5 & 4hrs each day. With Jonah & Isaac, if they had poor naps they were unsettled at night.

Emmet's naps are random. Sometimes 3 short naps & a very early bedtime, sometimes 2 1.5hr naps, sometime 1 1.5 & one 30min nap!

I have to Put Emmet to bed early because he is soooooo tired and we get meltdown. If you reach meltdown (J not you :wink: :lol: ), they are over-tired even if is is only 6pm. It's usuallyt between 6 & 6.30pm atm although one day last week it was 5.30pm and he had his usual night & work slightly later in the morning!

On average Emmet is asleep 6.30pm, wakes 10.30pm when I feed him, wakes 12.30am (no feed) then wakes around 4.30am (feed) and is always awake about 6.30am. He settles very quickly each time, with or without a feed. Some nights are better, some worse.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:05 pm

My feeling is that he isn't sleeping enough. He slept from 8am to 11ish then had about 20mins at 3.30pm. I think he needed longer. He gets lots of stimulation and suddenly crashes, but if course i can't always put him stright to sleep , it depends on the little lady!! He settles quite quickly sometimes but first stay settled. I think its a combo of things, just gotta ride it out! X

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler