Postby sim » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:47 pm

I'm closer- come here first and practise on Ewan! :D

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: 'Sleeping through' - what counts?

Postby northernruth » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:48 pm

gilbertandmartha wrote:@northernruth want to come round to my house and train Riley not to wake up at the Butt crack of Dawn? i've tried everything. i'm even willing to pay your airfair and tempt you with all you can eat BBQ for as long as it takes :giggle:

I'm not sure you'd want to let me loose on her, I'm MEAN! :twisted:

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:49 pm

sim wrote:I'm closer- come here first and practise on Ewan! :D

but I'm offering free BBQ!

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:49 pm

northernruth wrote:
gilbertandmartha wrote:@northernruth want to come round to my house and train Riley not to wake up at the Butt crack of Dawn? i've tried everything. i'm even willing to pay your airfair and tempt you with all you can eat BBQ for as long as it takes :giggle:

I'm not sure you'd want to let me loose on her, I'm MEAN! :twisted:

Don't care... i try to be mean but she's worn me down.

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:57 pm

I'm really determined with stuff and refuse to be beaten. I think it took me three days of constantly lying her back down every time she got up in the cot. For over an hour from 5.30 till after 6.30, then you have to get them up at 7 as normal :night: tedious and tiring all in one. But it needed doing because not only was I knackered, she was too!!

The thing is tho, we only had one, so I can't imagine what it's like if you've another one waking up or one that's awake all day regardless of when the early waker naps etc.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:33 am

Izzy was a 5 am girl, we got a groclock which was fab now she gets up between 6 and 7

My avatar
CupcakeMummy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby CupcakeMummy » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:29 am

Every night is different with us at the moment. If we're lucky DD (7 weeks old) will do a 4 hour stretch then wake up for change and feed and go down again an hour later for another 3.

I'm dreaming of the day I get 2 chunks of 4 hours.

She has silent reflux so sleeps in a bouncy chair and does occasionally cry out a bit in her sleep but often just my rocking the chair will calm her back down.

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:39 am

CupcakeMummy wrote:Every night is different with us at the moment. If we're lucky DD (7 weeks old) will do a 4 hour stretch then wake up for change and feed and go down again an hour later for another 3

@CupcakeMummy
Oh for a 4 hour stretch! At 8 weeks I'll take even one!! Heck, I'll take a regular 3 hour stretch!!!

My avatar
CupcakeMummy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby CupcakeMummy » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:53 am

@sim she's only done it about 5 times but I'm naively hoping it might get more frequent.

Down side is she cluster feeds from about 7pm-midnight before this stretch so I can't eat my dinner with two hands or get anything done!

She'll also only do 4 hours if she's sleeping on me or swaddled. I'm pushing to stop her sleeping on me though as she's got much more wriggly and the night before last I woke up twice where she'd got her head mushed up against my arm and it scared me. Even in her bouncy chair she's in the sidecar so it's not like she's far away.

PreviousNext

Return to Baby and Toddler