hf1

I do hope this is temporary.

My avatar
epsilon1
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

I do hope this is temporary.

Postby epsilon1 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:54 pm

Junior is back to sleeping reasonably at night now (after his first cold), but hasn't managed to go back to daytime naps yet. Or at least he managed 2 today, but only 20 minutes each! :shock: I hadn't realised how I relied on getting an hour or two to myself during the day to sort out dry laundry, make phone calls and even put my feet up and read a magazine.

25 weeks really is far too young to NOT nap, surely? He didn't even go to sleep in his pushchair today when I walked into town and back.

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: I do hope this is temporary.

Postby Bugglyboo » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:40 pm

Ed was a 20 minute napper but that isn't usual. Have you tried a sling? I used to be able to get him to sleep in for longer in the sling.

It may be that he's got to a wonder week and is having a bit of a development spurt. Sleep always goes to pot when they have a spurt.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:41 pm

Izzy was a napper and still does sometimes. Leon will only sleep catnaps just one of those things I think :)

Could be a phase at this age? Have you tried a sling ?

My avatar
epsilon1
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby epsilon1 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:36 am

I sling occasionally, but it's not quite the same. And I wouldn't be able to get him into it without waking him up (he only goes to sleep feeding, or in his pushchair or his car seat these days).

Oh well, maybe it's temporary. He did go to sleep pretty early last night anyway, being so tired, and he's also getting better at being left by himself for a few minutes while I do something else.

Return to Baby and Toddler