Problem with our nanny

My avatar
jclmellor
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Problem with our nanny

Postby jclmellor » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:36 pm

bit worried and need advice :-(

we have a nanny to look after my toddler and baby (who has special needs) - they are quite a handful together. the nanny has generally been excellent and we've really been happy with her (she is paid £8 per hour so imo under the usual nanny wage, though we live in south wales). next week is the nanny's last week in employment with our family and she is only working 2 days (tues and weds). the nanny has 2 step daughters (4 and 7) who are now off school. next week, the nanny 1) wants to look after the 4 children together (possibly her husband will be there) and 2) she said she would take them out for the full day.

i am worried that my two kiddies will be overlooked by the nanny on these days, as i can't imagine how she will manage with the 4 children together... my other worry is that my two kiddies need a long sleep in their own beds at lunch time, so i'm not sure how they will manage a full day out in the sun. and sometimes i like to give each of the kiddies one-to-one time so if they are gone from the house all day then i won't be able to do that :-(

both me and hubby are working next tues and weds, though i could take both days off work (reluctantly).

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Re: Problem with our nanny

Postby littlesez » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:41 pm

she is a nanny she is trained to look after children, she May have.looked after four children at work already :)

One day won't affect the children nap wise and a day is a good thing

If you are not comfortable though speak to nanny :)

My avatar
sjm
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby sjm » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:00 pm

I would agree that any experienced nanny would only take all 4 if confident enough but you need to be comfortable with it so talk to her x

My avatar
jclmellor
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby jclmellor » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:03 pm

the nanny is an older woman, 37, so has lots of experience and common sense but doesn't have any experience apart from with her own step children.

yeah i suppose it would do my kiddies the world of good to have a day out :-)

My avatar
sjm
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby sjm » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:05 pm

Just ask her to text you to let you know how they are x

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:06 pm

Id just ask how she felt about managing and what she planned to do with naps.

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:43 pm

I doubt she would consider it if she wasn't confident she could manage. Will she have a pushchair for naps? How far away is she going?

You are right to question anything you have niggles about.

Return to Baby and Toddler