hf1

What would you do: schoolrun

My avatar
mamavan2
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

What would you do: schoolrun

Postby mamavan2 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:33 am

With Dd3 on here way I've been thinking wat to do when I need to bring Dd1 to school.
On my one it's just a 5 min walk, but with my Dd2 (2y6m)it can take a bit longer :).
Dd1 comes home for lunch at 12 but that means whe have to walk 4 times a day! My Dh works in shifts and brings here most of the time, but there will be enough days for me with al 3 of them.
We have a very large pram and Dd2 can sit in there with the baby but I'm afraid she might not want that every time and there are no straps to secure here. I have a Manduca but would like the option of putting the baby in the pram for a nap, have lunch with the other two and just bring Dd1 to school whitout having to wake the baby. And I don't think I'll be able to cary Dd2 any time soon :giggle:
How would you this?

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: What would you do: schoolrun

Postby Caroline » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:28 pm

How about a buggy board? DD2 can then hop on and off as she likes

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:00 pm

Buggy board works really well fir us!

My avatar
mamavan2
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mamavan2 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:18 pm

My Dd2 has a bit of a mind of here one :roll: . I don't think she will stand on a board if she has decided she doesn't want to and I want to avoid a screaming toddler on a school run :giggle: . Don't mind at home but not so much if I have limited time.

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:45 pm

You dd sunds similar to Ed. I wouldn't trust him on a board. I tend to let him walk and then if he starts throwing a strop or misbehaving I throw him on my back in a piggy back and tell him to hold tight or hell fall off. I then gently let go so that he has to calm down enough to hold on ;)
It sounds awful but in a few minutes he's calm.enough to walk againor if he's tired then I put him in the wrap.

My avatar
mamavan2
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mamavan2 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:49 pm

Thank's for your idea's ladies. I guess I will see how it goes when the time comes and hope Dd2 will have less interest in all the plants, birds, cats on the way :giggle: .

My avatar
labbiefan
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby labbiefan » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:35 pm

Is staying at school for lunch an option? With 4 journeys I think I'd struggle.

If its not I'd have baby in pram, toddler on back (ergo in our case) and school age child walk.

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:30 pm

Have you got a pushchair too? I would probably sling baby, put pre-schooler in the pushchair and then get school child to walk

My avatar
mamavan2
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mamavan2 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:31 am

Schoollunch might be an option, I do like having here home for lunch. I'm still a bit new with the :bw: , how soon after giving birth have you been able to carry a (13kg) toddler?

Return to Baby and Toddler