hf1

Roly poly wakey wakey

My avatar
MollyMoppet
Clothie
Clothie

Roly poly wakey wakey

Postby MollyMoppet » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:18 pm

OK DD is 7 months and getting pretty competent at rolling both ways.

The past week or so she's had shorter naps than usual and / or woken more at night. I think she tries to roll on her side to sleep or something, ends up on her tummy and doesn't like it. Cue mummy coming to the rescue.

She seems to prefer rolling left to right so I think she's having trouble going back the way she came, but can't roll onwards in the same direction either because the cot bars are stopping her. So she's kind of stuck on her tummy.

Anyone had similar experience? Maybe all babies go through this phase but she's my first :D

I'm hoping she'll soon be more in control at going back the way she came & it'll resolve itself!

Thanks x

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Roly poly wakey wakey

Postby sim » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:23 pm

I remember this with my oldest. Unfortunately we just had to ride it out until he could roll himself back over.

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:16 am

Yep we had this aswell. They soon learn to roll back.

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:13 am

we have the opposite problem as O is a tummy sleeper.
I'm hoping he learns to roll back soon. He can do it, he just doesnt remember how :giggle:

My avatar
MollyMoppet
Clothie
Clothie

Postby MollyMoppet » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:50 am

Thanks...just as long as I know there will be an end to it! No doubt it'll stop and next thing she'll be sitting up in her sleep instead! :D

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:10 am

Wait til you get to the standing and rattling the cot side. That one's fab haha. I getannoyed and then the smile I get makes it all better.

My avatar
MollyMoppet
Clothie
Clothie

Postby MollyMoppet » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:40 pm

Ha knowing my LO she'll be screaming with glee all the while! :D

My avatar
epsilon1
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby epsilon1 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:17 pm

I'm getting this now. Junior seems to be rolling onto his front and waking up every hour, more or less, after about 2am (after having been waking up just once/night for a good while), and /i have to get up to get him back to sleep :night:

Driving me nuts with sleep deprivation, but not much I can do, really. He can roll back, as well, but he can't settle himself to sleep yet in his cot.

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby little1 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:24 pm

DS never did the rolling thing but he has just mastered the standing up, climbing thing, cue me trying to dismantle the cot to lower the base single handed so i could put him back to bed tonight :roll:

Return to Baby and Toddler