hf1

Can't settle himself in his cot.

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Can't settle himself in his cot.

Postby sim » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:10 pm

I'm trying to accept that @littlesez but the feeding 1.5 hourly overnight is killing me!

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:55 am

I know ! I just keep thinking I May as well be tired but chilled rather than tired and stressed ha ha

My avatar
epsilon1
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby epsilon1 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:52 pm

Things are getting better, I think - he's just getting over a cold, which stuffed things up literally and figuratively for a while; but waking up a bit and moving doesn't seem to result in him waking up completely and crying every time now, which is good.

What do people mean by co-sleeping in this context? He's in the same room as me anyway (we're planning to move him into a separate room in the near future, but I'd sort of rather he was back down to one wake-up / night (or none - I have to keep faith this will happen eventually!) before we do that. And/or it was possible for him to be settled by someone other than me. I think having him in the same bed as me would be a recipe for having a baby landing on his head on the floor, since he does have a tendency to make straight for the edge of double beds given any chance at all.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:57 pm

co sleeping means in your bed i think. We have leons cot pulled right upto our bed with the side off as this works better for us. I put him down to sleep in Izzy's room though to get him used to it when we move him in. So that happens about 6.30-7.30pm he usually wakes a about twice and i resettle him in there then at my bedtime i take him in my bedroom where he stays for the night. I find he sleeps better when i sleep in the spare room :roll:

yeh i want him to be nearly sleeping through before we make the switch as i cannot be bothered to get out of bed :hohoho:

My avatar
epsilon1
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby epsilon1 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:12 pm

Yeah, even if I could fence him in, him sleeping in my bed wouldn't help my sleep I don't think. His cot's across the end of our bed, and there isn't space for it alongside (it's fairly big, being a cot-bed, and I have one of those gliding chair things by the side of the bed, which is where I sit to feed him normally).

I honestly worry that if I put him in a separate room he'd just be more upset / noisy by the time I got to him than currently, and that it would take longer to get him back to sleep **sigh**.

Mind you, things might be interesting tomorrow - I'm at my parents while Mr ep is working away, and there's a new bed being delivered some time between 2 and 9pm, which is supposed to go into our current room, and my mum's trying to use this as a rouse (?sp) I think to have him sleep in another room (too complicated to explain properly). I'm just hoping it arrives early enough I don't have to have an argument about it.

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler