Co sleeping problem

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Co sleeping problem

Postby littlesez » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:26 am

We have a sidecar cot next to our bed and Leon also sleeps in our bed but he has fallen out of bed twice now :( am I going to have to put him in a cot ? What does everyone else do ?

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Co sleeping problem

Postby Bugglyboo » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:59 am

Oscar used to be in a sidecar crib but once he outgrew that, we put him in a normal cot pulled right next to the bed. I wouldn't be able to leave him on our bed without a guard most of the way round as he's in the wriggle and roll stage.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:10 am

Yes it's a cot with the side off but he manages to get out of there and across the superking bed then fall out of the foot of the bed whilst I am in the bed !

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:05 am

Sounds like oscar. We've decided to keep the side on O's cot. He's still super close but can't escape before he's got enough sense to not throw himself off the bed.

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:09 am

Lachlan is much littler and still in with me next to the bed guard much of the night but, in anticipation of exactly what you've described, when he is in his cot the sides are all on and it is pulled up right next to the bed (with the guard folded down). I've started settling him in the cot with the drop side down and me lying on our bed and then putting the side up when I leave / am going to sleep.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:41 am

I think I will have to :( I was awoken at stupid o clock to a huge thud which was his head on the floor poor baby :(

It's so hard though having to get him back into his cot after every feed. At least now I can just stock my boob in there I won't be able to with full cot.

What age do they stop crawling out ofbed ? Hope it's not too long ?

My avatar
Rufies mama
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Rufies mama » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:50 pm

We use these bed bumpers, http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-British-Bed ... le+daisies Did he roll off or crawl off?

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:55 am

i will show hubby those thanks :D He was crawling backwards out of bed but he crawls forwards now so its even worse :roll:

My avatar
Rufies mama
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Rufies mama » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:59 am

Can you dismantle the bed and just have the mattress on the floor? That's what a lot of co-sleeper do. I only haven't done this because I can't afford to lose the storage space under the bed.

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler