hf1

Lola is not eating dinner

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Lola is not eating dinner

Postby gilbertandmartha » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:48 pm

NOt sure 100% why, but its been like this for a few days now.

Her two bottom (next to middle) teeth are coming through finally only 9 months too late and she seems to be really struggling with these.

Then a few nights ago she choked a bit on some dinner and vomitted, and since then she won't touch dinner. every other meal is fine.

I'm not sure if she's gone past the hunger time, they all eat at 5pm. But she's not having her milk either. its very strange.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Lola is not eating dinner

Postby clothmama » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:29 am

Poor little mite :hug: I wonder if it is a combo of both things? Do you eat different sort of food at dinner, maybe try swapping dinner / lunch food and see if that breaks it?

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:59 am

Not really she mostly has left overs from the night before, or omelet etc for lunch. I did think tonight that maybe she's not adjusted to the time change and its all just too much?

but she's never missed a meal in her life, and maybe these front teeth hurt like heck which is why they come through first when their not really eating much?

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:56 am

I think its because the carrots are weird :hohoho:
No seriously, teeth can really affect their desire to eat so maybe they are hurting her lots. When teeth got bad here we d offer soup with a straw to get something into them.
Also as you say she may have just gone past it by 5pm. Could you bring tea forward to see if it makes a difference? Mine ate at 4:30pm last night as they re both tired and it worked out better with feeds and bath etc

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:25 am

James has been refusing his dinner too.... weird. Terrible twos early?! We are getting tantrums and fussiness too

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:08 am

Maybe if you feel it's her teeth give her some paracetamol before dinner? Or I'd try giving her whatever she had for lunch for dinner again and maybe a bit earlier in the afternoon.

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:07 pm

ems101 wrote:James has been refusing his dinner too.... weird. Terrible twos early?! We are getting tantrums and fussiness too

Terrible twos???? whats that its terrible ones here. SHe can literally have a full on tantrum already :giggle: @ems101

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:15 pm

She ate well at breakfast today, and had a few animal crackers at morning tea time, then refused everything for lunch, refused a yogurt drink after nap. Then I gave her cheesy omlet for dinner which she loves and she had a good amount. I just let her eat walking around, and then she's scoffed a load of fries that the toots were having.

I did serve dinner at 4.30 so maybe that's the key?

Return to Baby and Toddler