What do I need for a new baby? List update p. 4

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: What do I need for a new baby? List update p. 4

Postby clothmama » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:08 am

ems101 wrote:How are you doing for nappies? Ben has just reached tge end of his ll sz1 pockets. Id love to gift them to you if you'd like to try them @clothmama. They are meant to be 7-18lb I think but id say more like 9-20lb

That is such a lovely offer @ems101 :cnthug: thank you, I'll get everything out and work out what I have!!

clothsister wrote:You're missing breast pads from your list. I love mine from @littlesez x

Good point @clothsister I had forgotten about them! I was going to try to make some but now that I hate my overlocker so much I'm not sure I can :cry: :giggle: :badputer:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: What do I need for a new baby?

Postby clothmama » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:46 pm

Now down to about 2 pays and have done little shopping :panic: Update of list! Still lots to make and buy :panic: 68 days left :panic: :pregnant: :bw:
clothmama wrote:
  • 30ish nappies (will have a mix of flat / fitted / probably some other things as well. Already have 6 terrys and I think 6 smalls from Nichola but like to have properly NB nappies as I dont' like too bulky - also have some prefolds will have to dig them out and see what I have) -do a proper dig out of all nappies and actually count what I have! - did this but have forgotten - need to go back and find post :x @ems101 kindly gifting some LL pockets so I think I'm OKish now, may try to make a couple more fitteds if I get a chance!
  • 5 PUL wraps
    * 1 Nature babies small
    * XS Rikki
    * 1 home made fish NB
    * Make 2 small ones
  • 4 shorties / soakers (have 2 smalls from Nicola so 2 to make)
  • 6 sleepgowns (to make) - Not sure this will happen as I hate my overlocker :cry:
  • 6 vests (to buy) bought :D
  • 10 onsies / outfits (mix of make / buy. Have one little top already) To count - I think I have enough though as I know I'll get things from work, family etc
  • 3 hats (already have 2 - will probably make another before baby arrives once I know the colour) Got a cute one from the basket that the lovely ladies make and bring to work, I rarely see one I like so grabbed it when I saw it :giggle:
  • 5 pairs of socks / booties - I think I have a 3 pack so maybe a couple more but may not bother until it gets cooler
  • Some muslin wraps for swaddling (very big here and I love love love it - it makes for very happy babies!!). Will make some if I can find some material (which I haven't spotted any I love yet) or buy. Just buy one as one girl at work said that is what she is going to get me!
  • A new blanket (to :crochet: ) - to finish
  • Burp cloths (to make - have seen very cute ones!)
  • Crib - can have the one my little sis had - will probably need sanding and re-painting so not sure if I want to go that route! J is also quite keen on making one now he has his lathe. Have crib, needs quick sand and paint and just ordered matress this evening :yahoo:
  • Slings - I'm thinking a stretchy and a woven. I think I'll make the stretchy and buy the woven. Have purchased stretchy, hoping to get woven as my work gift :widesmile: .
  • Parent facing pushchair (I already have a stroller for later but want to have a parent facing as the early one as I'll be doing school runs etc with it). I have whittled down to which one I want and they come up quite regualrly 2nd hand so I think I'll do that as I can't justify spending heaps when we will use a sling heaps and then go over to the stroller at some point (or perhaps mum can use that). All purchased :yahoo: happy new owner of P&T smart buggy :widesmile:
  • Car seat - have a capsule to use before we leave and will order a Maxi-cosi for Europe - already have ordered the adapotor to fit the pram here and UK!

So from that lot I end up with a to buy and a to make list!
To make:
  • 2 small soakers / shorties
  • Crochet blanket - finish backing
  • Burp cloths
  • Ring sling (if time)
  • 2 PUL wraps
  • 2 crochet wool soakers
  • Small nappies - need to count what I have first
  • Minki blanket/s
  • Change bag

To buy:
  • Possibly a couple of nappies - but think I'm OK!
  • Muslin wraps x 1
  • [s]Stretchy wrap sling
  • Pushchair
  • Car seat
  • material and cotton yarn for blanket and wool for woolies
  • Breast pump - will get from UK as much cheaper - need to find and order
  • Breast pads - ordered from Sara and some from ems101 :widesmile:
  • Maternity bras
  • Some dispo pads for first few days, will use CSP once home etc
  • Change bag (unless I make one!!) not sure what I want either way!!

I have no idea if I have forgotten anything :panic:

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:35 pm

Which breast pump were you looking at?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:37 pm

JabberJabber wrote:Which breast pump were you looking at?

I dont' know, I was going to do a post tomorrow as the one I was originally thinking of Sim told me isn't a closed system and I was just going to get a 2nd hand closed one. Need to start a thread to get some ideas! I never pumped much with the others but did like to build up a bit of a stash!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:33 am

OK according to ticker there will be a baby coming and living with us in 40 days time. 40 days is ages right??? :lookround:

• 30ish nappies (will have a mix of flat / fitted / probably some other things as well. Already have 6 terrys and I think 6 smalls from Nichola but like to have properly NB nappies as I dont' like too bulky - also have some prefolds will have to dig them out and see what I have) -do a proper dig out of all nappies and actually count what I have! - did this but have forgotten - need to go back and find post :x @ems101 kindly gifting some LL pockets so I think I'm OKish now, may try to make a couple more fitteds if I get a chance!
  • 5 PUL wraps
    * 1 Nature babies small
    * XS Rikki
    * 1 home made fish NB
    * Make 2 small ones
  • 4 shorties / soakers (have 2 smalls from Nicola so 2 to make)
  • 4-6 sleepgowns (1 made try to make another 2 or 3 at least) - Not sure this will happen as I hate my overlocker :cry: Have new but very old overlocker and don't hate mine any more as it is vaugely working!
  • 6 vests (to buy) bought :D
  • 10 onsies / outfits (mix of make / buy. Have one little top already) To count - I think I have enough though as I know I'll get things from work, family etc
  • 4 hats (already have 2 - will probably make another before baby arrives once I know the colour) Got a cute one from the basket that the lovely ladies make and bring to work, I rarely see one I like so grabbed it when I saw it :giggle: and have just now made one!
  • 5 pairs of socks / booties - I think I have a 3 pack so maybe a couple more but may not bother until it gets cooler
  • Some muslin wraps for swaddling (very big here and I love love love it - it makes for very happy babies!!). Will make some if I can find some material (which I haven't spotted any I love yet) or buy. Just buy one as one girl at work said that is what she is going to get me!
  • A new blanket (to :crochet: ) - to finish
  • Burp cloths (to make - have seen very cute ones!). Have bought 3 for a massive $3 but will try to make a few more!
  • Crib - can have the one my little sis had - will probably need sanding and re-painting so not sure if I want to go that route! J is also quite keen on making one now he has his lathe. Have crib, needs quick sand and paint and mattress arrived
  • Slings - I'm thinking a stretchy and a woven. I think I'll make the stretchy and buy the woven. Have purchased stretchy, hoping to get woven as my work gift :widesmile: .
  • Parent facing pushchair (I already have a stroller for later but want to have a parent facing as the early one as I'll be doing school runs etc with it). I have whittled down to which one I want and they come up quite regualrly 2nd hand so I think I'll do that as I can't justify spending heaps when we will use a sling heaps and then go over to the stroller at some point (or perhaps mum can use that). All purchased :yahoo: happy new owner of P&T smart buggy :widesmile:
  • Car seat - have a capsule to use before we leave and will order a Maxi-cosi for Europe - already have ordered the adapotor to fit the pram here and UK!

So from that lot I end up with a to buy and a to make list!
To make:
  • 2 small soakers / shorties
  • Crochet blanket - finish backing
  • Burp cloths
  • Ring sling (if time)
  • 2 PUL wraps
  • 2 crochet wool soakers
  • Small nappies - need to count what I have first
  • Minki blanket/s
  • Change bag
  • Sun cover for capsule as it doesn't have one :doh:

To buy:
  • Possibly a couple of nappies - but think I'm OK!
  • Muslin wraps x 1
  • [s]Car seat
  • Pushchair/Pram
  • Stretchy wrap sling
  • material and cotton yarn for blanket and wool for woolies
  • Breast pump - will get from UK as much cheaper - need to find and order Sim is gifting me hers when @clothsister has finished with it (if you are still using it don't worry Lucy!)
  • Breast pads - ordered from Sara and some from ems101 :widesmile:
  • Maternity bras
  • Some dispo pads for first few days, will use CSP once home etc
  • Change bag (unless I make one!!) not sure what I want either way!!

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:42 am

No that's fine @clothmama. I ended up buying a second hand one off eBay as well because I wanted extra funnel bits and things and it was cheaper to buy entire second hand unit than just the bits. Anyway as a result I've had one pump upstairs and one pump downstairs (we have a 4 story house so this has saved my energy)

And as we now have a fully fledged breastfed baby :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: I won't need them both as much. :yahoo: :yahoo:

What do you want to do about the car seat holder thingy? Did you want to use ours after or are you getting a new one. Don't worry about going halves on it. I think we'll get back what we paid for it. X

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:44 am

Also I'll keep any gn stuff I have for when you get here I'm guessing 3-6 up or will you still possibly need 0-3. X

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:52 am

Oh wow that is awesome if you aren't needing to pump at all :yahoo: :yahoo: Cool will work out what to do re isofix, I hadn't realised you had got it as I hadn't heard back from you to PP you!

I imagine you still have time in Ems nappies and there is still time so maybe just send pump and nappies together later when you are finished?

Also I'll keep any gn stuff I have for when you get here I'm guessing 3-6 up or will you still possibly need 0-3. X
Cool, thanks :) will possibly still be in the 0-3 as if he is on time he'll only be 8 weeks, so only if he comes a few weeks early (which is in 2 weeks time and I'm not ready so that isn't an option :hiding: :lookround: :giggle: ) but I seem to remember you can often move them up a size before what it says on the label so definitely 3-6. I've picked up quite a few winter things in the sales at the end of winter so that has been good as I've got a few trousers and tops for him :)

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:05 am

@clothmama
I haven't got a coat in small sizes but I do have tonnes of boy clothes (sleepsuits, socks, vests and 'proper' clothes) in 0-3 and 3-6 month sizes and a lot of small Motherease PUL wraps I can post to you here ready for when you arrive so you don't need to spend luggage space or money in buying them.

Let me know what you need, where to send it all and I'll make sure it's there when you arrive.

PreviousNext

Return to Baby and Toddler