hf1

What do I need for a new baby? List update p. 4

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: What do I need for a new baby?

Postby Dora » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:33 pm

I think its more things for you at the very early stage-food and drink to look after yourself well. Boobs, nappies, sling?, nappies-wraps/liners etc. Ive managed to not use a single muslin...what are people doing with them??! :giggle: x

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:08 pm

:giggle: @Dora here muslins are used as burb cloths / mop up but we also have very big ones that are pretty that we use to swaddle as it is such a light weight, cool material.

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:36 am

Dora wrote:I think its more things for you at the very early stage-food and drink to look after yourself well. Boobs, nappies, sling?, nappies-wraps/liners etc. Ive managed to not use a single muslin...what are people doing with them??! :giggle: x

Couldn't live without muslins here! :giggle: I have refluxy babies though who bring up half their feed each time, I have a massive stack of them!

I can t remember how many sleep suits/ vests etc it will be summer with you right? I imagine baby won t be wearing much?

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:53 am

No muslin here either but neither have been sicky babies, with Leon I didn't use vests or baby gros we had sleep gowns for early days and a few wahm cotton outfits and woollies, he now sleeps in zip up fleece suits but for summer probably cotton pj's. I JUST DONT GET VESTS lol I got told off for having leon in nightgowns with no vests in hospital, Why? It was a million degrees on there. And sleep suits I just think they are the worst invention Ever! So many poppers to deal with when sleep Deprived Why? Why? Ha ha

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Site Supporter

Postby JabberJabber » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:15 am

You need all da slingz!

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:21 pm

littlesez wrote:No muslin here either but neither have been sicky babies, with Leon I didn't use vests or baby gros we had sleep gowns for early days and a few wahm cotton outfits and woollies, he now sleeps in zip up fleece suits but for summer probably cotton pj's. I JUST DONT GET VESTS lol I got told off for having leon in nightgowns with no vests in hospital, Why? It was a million degrees on there. And sleep suits I just think they are the worst invention Ever! So many poppers to deal with when sleep Deprived Why? Why? Ha ha

Give me a zippered sleep suit anyday.... poppers :evil: I'm glad Lola was a summer baby so no sleep stuff here either. She was in a t-shirt/vest and nappy for the first few months, or just a nappy. People looked at me like I was weired because she wasn't all 'dressed' up but it was a gazillion degrees

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:44 pm

I used loads of muslins, about 6 a day. And then muslin nappies for the first few months along with easy peas newborns.

Ilike to have a lot of clothes because it takes the pressure off with washing. I think we had about 10 vests, 10 sleep suits, 6 pairs of socks, couple of hats and a few blankets. A sling and/or pushchair.
Check out Happy Hangups. I rreally wanted one of their hammocks for Oscar but postage from Australia made it out of our reach.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:50 pm

I love vests and babygros. They seem so snuggly! I guess just go with what you prefer and get lots!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:07 pm

littlesez wrote:No muslin here either but neither have been sicky babies, with Leon I didn't use vests or baby gros we had sleep gowns for early days and a few wahm cotton outfits and woollies, he now sleeps in zip up fleece suits but for summer probably cotton pj's. I JUST DONT GET VESTS lol I got told off for having leon in nightgowns with no vests in hospital, Why? It was a million degrees on there. And sleep suits I just think they are the worst invention Ever! So many poppers to deal with when sleep Deprived Why? Why? Ha ha

I HATE poppers too (except on nappies :lookround: :lol:) I used vests but ones without poppers. Sleepgowns are so much easier than poppered sleepsuits so we also had loads of those. 6 of each would probably be more than enough, think we had about 5 or 6.

PreviousNext

Return to Baby and Toddler