hf1

Stressed out about dd going into her own room.

My avatar
Sophiebeth23
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Stressed out about dd going into her own room.

Postby Sophiebeth23 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:08 pm

I'm so stressed about dd going into her own room she was 6 months last Wednesday but 4 weeks premature. I'm really anxious about putting her in her room. I check to see if she's breathing often and she doesn't sleep all night about 3 hours at a time. I'm terrified of something happening to her. Dh has agreed she can stay in our room until she is 6months by her adjusted age. We often end up bed sharing so we get some sleep.

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Stressed out about dd going into her own room.

Postby sim » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:22 pm

:hug:
Lachlan (DS2) was in our room until he was 1, partly because we were co-sleeping from birth and until about 10 months we had his cot side-carred to our bed. For a couple of months he was in our room but in his cot away from the bed until he woke (usually around 2am) and then came in with us. It was also partly because he would have to share with his big brother and we didn't want one waking the other up. Now they are in together it is mostly ok, except for the occasional night like last night when they tag teamed us.

We are the only mammal species that send 'helpless' young away from us to sleep....

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:30 pm

There is nothing wrong with having your children sharing your room / bed and 6 months isn't a magic number.

Talk to your OH about why you are concerned and explore how you can make a compromise - perhaps a different bed, doing it at a different time in a few months, hubby checking instead of you...

What's the necessity to change?

You all need as much good sleep as possible so I hope you find a solution.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:53 pm

totally agree. 6m is the advised minimum, not the max. You need to do what is right for you all. I know its hard from the hubs point of view but it will be worse having a stressed unhappy wife! Maybe take it a month at a time and review as ypu go. It will always be hard when she moves but it does need to be done when you feel a little more comfortable with it

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:49 pm

JabberJabber wrote:There is nothing wrong with having your children sharing your room / bed and 6 months isn't a magic number.

Talk to your OH about why you are concerned and explore how you can make a compromise - perhaps a different bed, doing it at a different time in a few months, hubby checking instead of you...

What's the necessity to change?

You all need as much good sleep as possible so I hope you find a solution.

This is what I was thinking!!

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:55 pm

Yeah also agree if it's not the right time then it's not the right time. Just explain your concerns etc.... X

My avatar
Jellybelly6
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Jellybelly6 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:21 pm

^ what everyone else has said. It is the minimum (no maximum in my book). Causing more anxiety is not likely to lead to more sleep. In my experience my DH reads a number and it creates a line in his head so when I talk about the actual reality and that things rarely change in real life like that we get a sensible discussion. I moved my eldest out at 9 months as by terrible chest and night time coughing was waking him but my youngest got to choose when he moved (chest much improved) and he choose to move to his own room in the week around his 2nd birthday as he was all excited about his newly decorated room and big boy bed. I am just really lucky my big cot fits in my room easily.

Just keep talking and do what feels right.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:24 am

Agree with everyone! Neither of mine were out at 6 months, I think Josh was 8 or 9, but then it was into an ajoining room rather than a next door room! Louis was about 15 months before he went into Josh's room as I didn't want him waking Josh and he wsan't a great sleeper. I think you need to talk to your DH!

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:36 am

What reason does he want her separated. Does he do any night feeds? My experience is that night Times are hard enough , when they are next to you they stir and wakes you up. You feed or settle them then go back to sleep. When separate you often miss the fussing and by the time you reach them they are already awake and upset .

I think izzy was in her own room very young about three months but she was an easy baby and seemed happy Leon has only just started sleeping in the kids room all night he is 18 months ! All babies are different. You could start her off in her own room and then when you go to bed take her in with you x

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler