hf1

Stressed out about dd going into her own room.

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Stressed out about dd going into her own room.

Postby confusinglady » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:06 am

Mine have all gone into their own room younger than 6 months out of necessity due to them growing out of our crib and the massive cotbed not fitting in our room. I m quite anxious about them breathing etc and would go and check them often. I find the monitor is so sensitive you hear more than if they re next to you.

Having said that, mine was due to necessity, if you are not happy with moving her out and don t 'have to' then don t.
Ds has not slept well so I have spent the last 5 months going back ward and forward from his room. It would ve been easier if he was next to me.

Do what you feel is right :thumbsup:

My avatar
shinycat
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby shinycat » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:11 am

We moved DD at 6 months because she was sleeping really well but we found that we were disturbing her when we came to bed. We moved DS at 6 months too but for very different reasons, his sleep was really bad and DH was relegated to the spare room to ensure he got enough rest for work. We both wanted him to come back into bed with me, so we moved DS. It was a bad move really, his sleep did not improve and every time he woke I had to go to a whole other room to sort him out, rather than just leaning across to the cosleeper. 18 months on and we've started cosleeping with DH sleeping in another room so it's gone full circle! So my point is, that if your DH wants to put DD in her own room thinking sleep will improve, that is not necessarily going to happen! I would guess if your DD is waking every 3 hours anyway, that will continue and it will be harder on you if you have to properly get out of bed to see to her. If you are really worried about this, don't do it, you absolutely have to feel comfortable before you take a step like that.

My avatar
Sophiebeth23
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Sophiebeth23 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:31 pm

She is breast fed and refuses a bottle so I do it all. Dh just thinks she will sleep he doesn't wake up when she crys at all. I'm debating moving furniture around and sleeping in her room if he is desperate to put her in her own room. I don't like baby monitors as dh tends to glue them to his ear. He just about changes her bum with a bit of a moan.

My avatar
shinycat
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby shinycat » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:01 pm

If you are breastfeeding and she is waking regularly I would say (from my own experience at least) you're better off in the same room. I don't know if you are feeding lying down or sitting up, I found feeding lying down impossible when DS was younger but started doing it all the time once he reached 12 months as sitting in a nursing chair with an older baby becomes quite tricky, and sitting up in bed can be hard on the back. I had a rolled up duvet on the floor in his bedroom (not comfortable at all!), followed by a futon mattress (again not comfortable!) and finally got him a full size single bed when he was 18 months old. I either get in with him or bring him in with me and DH goes and sleeps in the single. It is not what we wanted but in the end you do what you have to to get your sleep.

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:22 pm

In my experience it doesn t alter their sleep pattern at all either. Dd1 continued to wake, dd2 always slept well and continued to do so, DS has always slept badly and continued to do so in his own room.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:27 pm

I don't really understand your dh reasons then, he doesn't wake, he doesn't do night feeds. You are happy, baby is happy. If it's not broke don't fix it :)

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:15 pm

littlesez wrote:I don't really understand your dh reasons then, he doesn't wake, he doesn't do night feeds. You are happy, baby is happy. If it's not broke don't fix it :)

Well said! Have you had a word with him Sophie? @Sophiebeth23

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:28 am

I think if it were me I would just tell him this is what's going to happen :hohoho:

My avatar
Sophiebeth23
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Sophiebeth23 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:36 pm

Had a word it's because his mum wants to have dd over night! :doh: the fact that she hardly takes a bottle either skipped his mind. Kind of wished we hadn't brought a cot now. Lol I always night feed lying down so I get a bit of sleep.

PreviousNext

Return to Baby and Toddler