hf1

9 months check help

My avatar
Sophiebeth23
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

9 months check help

Postby Sophiebeth23 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:10 pm

So today we had dd 9 month check with a new hv. She weighed her and measured her then went on to that stupid development questionnaire. I did ask why they used an American questionnaire when the EYFS curriculum goes from birth and surely they should use that for assessment. Well dd had a bad day yesterday and night refused to nap in the day then fed all night long and woke up lots. Que Mummy looking like shit today. Anyway hv suggested it tried sitting next to cot and putting my hand on her and having a rigid nap routine. Also not bf at night at all! Now I'm more than happy to bf when ever Isla needs it but I'm really confused. She said that baby wearing has caused her to need to be close to fall asleep. Well she is a baby. I'm really confused what to do for the best. The normal routine is:
6am bf then she falls back to sleep
8am breakfast
10am nap bf after
11:45 lunch
12:30 bf before nap
2:00 snack
4:15 dinner
5:00 bf
6:00 bath
6:15 bf
7:00 bed
11:00 bf
3:00am bf
What am I doing wrong?
We often cosleep but I feel pressured to get her into her own cot.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: 9 months check help

Postby ems101 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:29 pm

Look in the mirror. Imagine the health visitor is looking at you. Now blow a massive raspberry and go back to what you were doing.

Load of old tosh!

My avatar
chocmuffin
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby chocmuffin » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:41 pm

Are you happy with your routine? Is she happy with the routine? If the answers are yes then do absolutely nothing to it at all and carry on being happy :D

My avatar
Sophiebeth23
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Sophiebeth23 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:45 pm

Today I was grumpy about last night but normally she is fine.

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:30 pm

Absolutely agree, if you are both generally happy with the current routine then ignore the silly old goat. There is only a problem if it's a problem for you or your baby.

My avatar
Dancing mum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Dancing mum » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:33 pm

A health visitor and maternity nurse told me very similar things (on seperate occasions) when my baby was about 4.5 months old (now nearly 7 months so I haven't been to this check your LO has just had). I got myself in such a tizz for the whole weekend and felt like I had got it all wrong, I was miserable. Then I was given the same advice chocmuffin and ems101 have just given you and I completely ignored what the 'professionals' had said :giggle: The result... Happy baby and happy mummy again... If it ain't broke don't fix it :wink:

My avatar
BekkiLB
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby BekkiLB » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:44 pm

I have lost count how many times health professionals, family members, friends, Doris who works in the spar have given me what I can only assume as being well meant advise about what I should do to get blaine to sleep thru and lectured on how I'm doing IT all horribly wrong. I generally don't believe in letting a child ( of any age) cry it out and if blaine wants to fall asleep in my arms when that's what happened! He started sleeping thru regularly at 13 months and now at nearly 15 months he's secure enough in our relationship that he goes into his cot awake and o stand at the door for the 10 mins it takes for him to fall asleep. He was ready to take that step and it was easy because I waited for him. I co slept with my older boy till 2 when he decided he wanted to sleep in his bedroom. He still comes thru some nights and sleeps with us but generally when he's poorly! Xx

Return to Baby and Toddler