hf1

What do or did you use?

My avatar
shinycat
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: What do or did you use?

Postby shinycat » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:29 pm

I was holding him most of the time he was awake as he hated being put down. If I had to pop him somewhere quickly, the floor was perfectly adequate. When asleep he was either in the sling or the moses basket which we kept in the lounge. I had super-basic bouncy chair, vibrating chair and swing and he hated all three and they were all a waste of money. But my first child spent loads of time in the bouncy chair (not from birth though). So it does depend on the child if you will need these things, but I would agree as above that you don't need them right away.

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:56 pm

This reclining chair what we used with Ewan as well (we had no crib downstairs) and this is Lachlan in it at two days old. It lays almost completely flat.

My avatar
Dancing mum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Dancing mum » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:28 pm

My LO hated being put down anywhere so she spent the first few weeks almost permanently in someone's arms.
She eventually liked going on her play mat which she used to lie on as it played music as well as lots to look at. 7 months later she still enjoys it and sits playing with the animals nearly every day.
We were given an all singing, all dancing chair as a hand me down and it just stressed me out (I was pretty near the edge for first few months anyway though so it didn't take much :hohoho: ) It swung itself (with multiple speed settings), had an adjustable seat to incline to exactly the desired angle, played music and had twinkling lights in the 'roof'. Well when I tried to get her into it the seat kept moving and changing the tilt angle the more I struggled to sit and strap her. I never found a way to get music playing, lights twinkling and chair rocking all at the same time (I'm certain it's possible but I needed something straight forward and idiot proof). Next day on second attempt chair tilted so much it became a bolt upright seat and I couldn't readjust it back so instantly unusable for my then 4-6(ish) week old baby! In a strop I relegated it to 2nd bedroom (one day to be LO's room) and from then until the day I passed it on to another mum who was really keen to have it ( :giggle: ) it would randomly switch itself on / off at any time of day or night and start rocking of its own accord :shock: :eek: ... Never again!

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:47 am

We have a basic bouncer in the kitchen and a swing chair in the lounge (on different stories so makes it a lot easier! The bouncer has a unit that vibrates but we have taken it out. We generally only used the poddle pod for the first 8 weeks as her head was too floppy before am hand. (We have a crib in the bedroom and no Moses basket) x

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:49 am

Both are second hand but perfect condition...you can have the bouncer when you get here if you like the swing chair I think we have to give back to our friend that lent it to us as they are quite expensive!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:10 am

Thanks for all your replies! Sounds like the floor will be just fine until we go overseas (if Louis ever allows that :giggle: )

Dancing mum wrote:In a strop I relegated it to 2nd bedroom (one day to be LO's room) and from then until the day I passed it on to another mum who was really keen to have it ( :giggle: ) it would randomly switch itself on / off at any time of day or night and start rocking of its own accord :shock: :eek: ... Never again!

@Dancing mum that made me :giggle: and your LO is just gorgeous :love: !

clothsister wrote:We generally only used the poddle pod for the first 8 weeks

Not sure what one of those is - off to google!

clothsister wrote:you can have the bouncer when you get here if you like

That would be great when she is out of it - thanks :)

sim wrote:This reclining chair what we used with Ewan as well (we had no crib downstairs) and this is Lachlan in it at two days old. It lays almost completely flat.

That is the sort of thing I had with the boys (although nothing so fancy as a roof :hohoho: back in those days!) @sim I remember moving Josh around in his as we were concreting the kitchen floor in our first house :giggle:

shinycat wrote:I would agree as above that you don't need them right away.

I'm thinking floor (it will be so hot anyway!) / held will be just fine to get us started and if I really miss having a chair to pop him in I'll ask around and see if I can borrow one for the first little bit!

Sounds like no one rates the all singing all dancing ones then so I'm glad I haven't worried about that!

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:18 am

Chloe has a tendency to try to pick Penny up if she isn't strapped in a seat or in the pod!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:29 am

Oh way way too gorgeous! I'd be picking her up too @clothsister :love: :love: :love: :love:

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler